Website Ital Global
About the Client:
A leading law firm in Kenya is seeking an experienced, proactive, reliable Legal Secretary who is tasked with increasing efficiency in secretarial duties and office procedures. It has garnered experience in various sectors in Kenya.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Carry out secretarial work where assigned
• Handle incoming and outgoing calls and deliveries, redirecting and routing inquiries, information, correspondence as appropriate
• Make telephone calls upon request
• Control telephone usage by staff ensuring no unauthorized calls are made and recording all calls made
• Delivery, receipt and distribution of mail from courier services
• Receive, attend at front desk and direct visitors to various meeting rooms and arrange all the necessary requirements for meetings/trainings e.g. training materials, soft drinks etc. as appropriate.
• Ensure requisition and distribution of office/staff supplies.
• Ensure all telephone faults and faulty equipment are reported on time and making appropriate follow up and providing feedback to HR & Admin Manager.
• Check out repairs in the office and ensure that appropriate repairs and preventive maintenance are carried out and ensuring operation of equipment.
• Ensure office electricity bill is paid in time and liaise with the cashier and any other office bills
• File all statements and personal letters for the directors.
• Ensure the cabinets in the director’s office are properly arranged always.
• Supervise and check general cleanliness of the entire offices.
• Type all the secretarial work issued out by the advocates.
• Retrieve all the court files and ensure they are up to date.
• Receiving hearing notice and checking with the diary on the suitability of dates.
• Maintaining the office diary at the reception which is properly updated with the court dates in the office.
• Diarize all meetings for both directors and hearing dates for the law firm.
• Maintain a systematic building up system for the law firm works.
• Retrieve the case files two weeks before the hearing for preparations.
• Calling the witness before the hearing dates as directed by the advocate.
• Updating the client on the progress of the matters with the supervision of the advocate.
• Following up on medical reports for the clients
• Following up on delegated assignments
• Prepare tender documents for the law firm and follow through
• To perform any other duties that maybe assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Diploma in Legal Studies and or related field
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience as a legal secretary or paralegal
3. KNEC Secretarial Certification
4. Proficiency with MS Office & typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high rate of accuracy.
5. Familiarity with legal documents, legal terminology and government regulations.
Competencies & Skills
1. Able to effectively prioritize, multitask effectively and meet deadlines
2. Courteous and professional demeanor with strong sense of discretion
3. Able to work as a team with attorneys and staff
4. Excellent and outstanding written, oral communication skills, and interpersonal abilities
5. Must uphold confidentiality and be proactive.
6. Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity and honesty.
7. Excellent organizational, great management and multi-tasking skills
8. Team player
9. Possess ultimate customer service skills
10. Ability to work under pressure
11. Maintain a high profile in the day to day operations.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.