Senior Finance Manager
Program : Country/Continent (Full Name)
Kimetrica seeks qualified candidates for the position of Senior Finance Manager for a USAID Supply Chain Third Party Monitoring (TPM) activity. The Finance Manager will be responsible for all budgeting, financial, and administrative management aspects of the TPM activity. The Senior Finance Manager will begin work on August 2, 2021.
Overall, the Senior Finance Manager will monitor day-to-day finances and administration and ensure compliance with USAID’s regulations and Kimetrica’s internal procedures. They will carry out operational activities, such as start-up, mobiliation, demobilization, and activity-specific procurements, and support field team logistics. In addition, they will lead the activity’s financial reviews and reporting–analyzing and troubleshooting issues–and prepare quarterly finance projections and reports.
Formed by a group of former humanitarian and development workers, Kimetrica is a social enterprise focused on providing policy makers and project managers with the tools and skills they need to do their jobs well. Our work centers on providing knowledge management solutions for governments, bilateral, and multilateral donors, and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of performance management and disaster risk reduction. Kimetrica employs an extensive network of sector specialists with expertise ranging from early warning and contingency planning to social protection and research and data analysis.
Kimetrica is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Institute for Research (AIR). Established in 1946, with headquarters in Crystal City, Virginia, AIR is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research on important social issues and delivers technical assistance and capacity building services domestically and internationally in health, social development, education, and workforce to a growing roster of clients and partners. Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world.
- Monitors day-to-day finances and administration for the activity.
- Ensures compliance with Kimetrica’s policies and procedures and, in consultation with home office staff, provides recommendations for best practices.
- Troubleshoots complex activity administrative and operational challenges.
- Provides oversight on operational activities such as start-up, mobilization, demobilization, and activity-specific procurements.
- Proactively identifies and analyzes areas of risk and advises on possible solutions and preventive measures.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external audit findings.
- Supports reports, work plans and other deliverables, and deliverables as required.
- Resolves complex contractual issues with appropriate escalation and collaboration.
- Manages all activity financial performance targets.
- Leads activity’s financial reviews, analyzes, and troubleshoots financial issues.
- Ensures accuracy of activity’s financial transactions and monthly activity invoices.
- Reviews and approves office payments (e.g., timesheets, expense reports, vendor invoices, etc.).
- Monitors accuracy of activity budget and provides analysis and solutions.
- Working with home office finance staff, prepares quarterly finance projections and reviews.
- Develops task order budgets in collaboration with managerial, technical, and finance staff members.
Supervises, trains, and mentors project associates and assistants, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Management, Business Administration or similar field.
- 7 years of experience managing/supervising financial operations of donor-funded projects.
- Knowledge of applicable Kenyan laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel.
- High-level of proficiency in both spoken and written English.
- Professional accountancy qualification (CPA, ACCA).
Proficiency in US Government and Federal Acquisition Regulations on procurement, human resources, and financial reports processes and requirements.
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Kenya on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship and work permits are not available for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Kimetrica and AIR adhere to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
How To Apply
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to Jackie Troschinetz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.303.997.0336.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-kimetrica.icims.com.