Manager Finance – KTNA 3
The Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade’s) is a State Corporation under the National
Treasury whose mandate is to implement, operationalize and manage the Kenya National
Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System) as well as Trade Facilitation.
To fulfil our mandate, we wish to engage suitably qualified candidates who meet the
requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution for the following positions;
Job Title: Manager Finance – KTNA 3
Reports to: Director, Corporate Services
Duty Station: Nairobi
Purpose for the Job
The purpose of the job is to provide advisory services on all financial and accounting matters
to the Agency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with the Constitution, the Public Finance Management Act 2012
and other laws guiding public finance and ensuring proper interpretation and
implementation of financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and
instructions across the Agency;
- Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal
controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Preparation of the Agency’s annual budget by consolidation of all departmental budgets
as per Government Policy and presentation to the Board for approval and;
- Develop and implement budget and expenditure controls so as to ensure that financial
expenditure is planned, controlled and properly authorized.
- Ensuringprovision of quality and timely accounting services, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting including preparation of all required statutory, regulatory and procedurally required reports by internal and external stakeholders;
- Authorizingpayments and signing cheques, ensuring that payments to stakeholders are made on a timely and accurate basis and creditors’ accounts reconciled;
- Accountfor revenue and ensure accurate debtor records are maintained;
- Mentor, train and appraise staff in the department;
ix. Ensuring requirements of partners funding the Agency in any project are adhered to;
- Risk management for all aspects of financial management in the Agency;
- As part of senior management be involved in policy formulation and other senior management duties, spearheading and undertaking such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job.
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields:- Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option), or equivalent qualification from a recognized
- Completed Certified Public Accountant (CPA)K by Kenya Accounts and Secretaries Examination Board (KASNEB); Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
(ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Leadership management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Work experience of at least nine (9) years, four (4) of which must have been at a management level;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Meets provision of chapter six of the Constitution;
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their application letter, curriculum vitae (that contains details of qualifications, work experience, email and telephone
contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates’ previous work experience) and copies of all certificates &
In addition, interested candidates must specifically obtain and submit with their application, valid copies of the following documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance form from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please note that applications without ALL the Chapter 6 requirements SHALL NOT be considered.
ALL applications must be received not later than Monday July 05, 2021 at 5:00p.m.
Applications should be sent by post, email or hand delivered to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza
Longonot Rd – Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KenTrade values diversity therefore women and persons with disability (PWD) are strongly encouraged to apply.