Assistant Manager – Knowledge Management (Strategy & Programmes)
This role is responsible for implementing the corporate knowledge management strategy and policy. The job is primarily responsible for drafting strategies for review and implementation including knowledge retention and transfer process, knowledge sharing culture, awareness programmes, reporting performance, among others corporate wide.
- Prepare initiatives and programmes to implement the corporate knowledge management strategy and policy
- Implement measures to promote knowledge management and knowledge sharing culture in the Authority
- Undertake the implementation of knowledge management awareness programme in the Authority
- Undertake the implementation of knowledge retention and transfer programme in the Authority
- Support the collection and publishing of knowledge resources in the Authority.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on knowledge management initiatives for review and submission.
- Research and identify innovative ideas/approaches that could improve knowledge management practices in the Authority
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions and induction programme in liaison with HR division and other stakeholders
- Undertake Day-to-day operations and supervision of staff in the subunit.
- Review awareness and sensitizations materials and plans used for conducting capacity building and sensitizations.
- Assist in implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Implement capacity building sessions for appointed subject matter experts
- Maintain subject matter experts database/register.
- Assist in initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Conducting review & approval of staff leave, performance contracts and appraisal
- Conduct regular meetings with team on knowledge management
- Manage work assignment and allocation for staff.
- Provide operational support and guidance to staff.
Academic and Professional qualifications
Undergraduate degree in Knowledge Management, Information Science, communication or Business Management.
Membership to professional bodies
Membership to a professional body in management or knowledge management.
Relevant work experience required
A minimum of four (4) years’ experience, of which one (1) year work experience should be at Supervisory level in the relevant field
- Good journalistic skills
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability
Proactive, self-motivated and passionate about the value of KM.
- Interpersonal skills and interview skills
- Good team work and collaboration skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task as well as work under pressure
- Good customer-service orientation
- A person of integrity
- Futuristic & goal oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
Master’s degree is an added advantage.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
- In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
To apply for this job please visit erecruitment.kra.go.ke.