Assistant Manager – Electrical Systems
The job holder is Responsible for effective management of the Authority’s Facilities & Equipment.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Management of renovation and maintenance work undertaken by maintenance contractor to ensure facilities are maintained to the required standards.
- Supervise other staff in Works.
- General management of utilities
- Oversee preparation of budget and annual procurement plan for the section.
- Inspect, maintain repair and overhaul electromechanical equipment, using a variety of test equipment, meters, powered and non-powered tools and equipment.
- Install new electromechanical equipment according to the National Electrical Code and company standards.
- Maintain and repair electromechanical systems for Project facilities and equipment.
- Work safely and cooperatively with co-workers and the public.
- Lead a work party in performing maintenance or repair work
- Comply with and practice proper equipment clearance procedures.
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.
- Responsible for station lockout/tag out procedures as mandated by company policy.Manage Audit & QMS for the section
- Staff performance management
- Recommend procurement, disposal, hiring, training
- Ensure conformance with statutory requirements.
- Preparation of Specifications.
- Compilation of Budgets
- Approval of Disposal of obsolete assets
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Authority.
- Provides oversight over physical assets assigned to the section.
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Makes Operational decisions.
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
Predominantly works within the office or houses
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Relevant professional registration.
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least four (4) years work experience with one (1) year at supervisory level.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Analytical skills
- Resilient and results oriented
- Knowledge of Property Law, Council By-Laws etc.
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Work under pressure
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by 30th July 2021.
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
To apply for this job please visit erecruitment.kra.go.ke.