Supervisor – Data Centre Operations
Responsible for the operation, monitoring, trouble shooting and basic maintenance of HVAC equipment and electrical systems, Data LAN/WAN communications and Data Centre Facilities located within KRA Data Centres.
- Automates the organization wide service monitoring infrastructure that monitors real time events on servers, networks, applications and databases.
- Sets up of tools and procedures for monitoring and continuously adding more KRA systems to service monitoring as they become available.
- Supervise all the ongoing activities in the data centre to ensure security of the facility and systems hosted therein.
- Identifies and defines the monitored components needed for the business services to operate
- Prepare SLAs and AMCs technical requirements for critical Data Centre equipment requiring special vendor expertise support and maintenance.
- Defines monitoring criteria and thresholds for the components needed for the business services to operate
- Sets the monitored components in the monitoring tool
- Performs root cause analysis of problem management with other ICT sections.
- Maintains and updates the quality of scripts used to monitor thresholds and alerts.
- Develops alerts and its escalation procedures based on SLA’s provided by ICT.
- Carries out daily proactive monitoring of all components of KRA Data Centre Systems
- Provision of first line level of technical support to KRA Data Centre Infrastructure and associated accessories.
- Supervises the provision of the day-to-day corrective maintenance and the Bi-annual Preventive maintenance services for KRA Data Centre Infrastructure and its associated hardware in support to users.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or any other IT or Management related Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
The following Certifications is required:
- MCSE, A+, N+
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- IT governance ,ITIL
- CDCP (Certified Data Centre Professional)
- CDCT (Certified Data Centre Technician)
Relevant Work Experience Required
- The Job holder should have at least three (3) years of work experience in a busy IT Data centre environment.
- Demonstrated technical competence in data center facilities, equipment cooling, power, and data communications fundamentals
- Experience in managing data center infrastructure (Network support, cabling, basic server application support, system backups) set-up, configurations, deployment and support.
- Skills in data center documentation tools (rack drawings, etc.);
- Knowledge in Business Continuity services
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by 31st May 2021.
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
To apply for this job please visit erecruitment.kra.go.ke.