Website KENYA REVENUE AUTHORITY
ASSISTANT MANAGER-SERVICE SUPPORT
Assistant Manager – Service Support
Responsible for ensuring provision of ICT services in their respective regions through development and implementation of strategies to meet the day-to-day business requirements to sustain customer satisfaction and provide for end user support.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual unit reports
- Supervise, mentor, coach and promote talent growth of staff in order to support business through excellent customer service
- Conduct performance management for direct reports to ensure that the mutual needs of the staff and
- Authority are being met
- Formulate and implement work plans for the service support unit.
- Configuration and deployment of new end user equipment to ensure they are configured according to KRA standards and policies.
- Maintain up to date asset register of end user equipment in their area of operation.
- Consolidate challenges identified by teams and follow up for their resolution.
- Resolve within defined SLAs, complex incidents and service requests as assigned
- Review the ticket compliance reports from various teams, consolidate, prepare periodic reports and follow up on resolutions of incidents in their areas of operation.
- Manage the annual preventive maintenance exercise for their areas and compile reports on the same and update the asset register where necessary
- Respond to audit queries assigned within the stipulated deadlines.
- Review procedure manuals for their area of operation
- Liaise with the Manager, ICT for provision of resources necessary for the Service Support office to ensure efficient and effective delivery of ICT services with view to enhance system availability and reliability in the Authority.
- Provide next escalation level for ICT Service Support Supervisors.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+
- Project Management e.g. Prince2, PMP
Relevant Work Experience/Technical Skills Required
- The post holder should have at least four (4) years’ progressive experience in a busy IT environment, with at least one (1) year in a supervisory role or an equivalent
- Competence in Windows Active Directory
- Management Tools plus creation and deployment of Group Policy Objects
- Conversant with process automation and experience working with automation tools such as MS SharePoint, System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in setup and troubleshooting of complex Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Proficiency in IT Service Management Systems. Mastery in creation of dashboards, Configuration Management, Automated workflows and Reporting
- Hands on experience supporting enterprise Email Systems (Server and Client) such as Domino Lotus Notes/ MS Exchange/ Microsoft 365. Troubleshooting server side relay issues up to and including secure email gateways and smart hosts.
The job holder must:
- Possess excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Exhibit the ability to work well in a team
- Possess sharp problem solving skills
- Display a strong customer focus character
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize workload
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by 31st May 2021.
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
To apply for this job please visit erecruitment.kra.go.ke.