KMF/10. SENIOR LEGAL ASSISTANT (KMFRI GRADE 8)- POSITION -ONE (1)
Basic Salary Scale: KShs. 53,413 – KShs. 69,436 P.M.
House Allowance: KShs. 28,000 P.M.
Commuter Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.M.
Annual Leave Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.A.
Medical Cover & Other Allowances: As provided by KMFRI
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
(a) The duties and responsibilities of the officer entail: –
- Opening legal files;
- Reviewing and retrieving files for relevant action;
- Preparing legal briefs for the initiation of legal action
- Filing contracts and court documents;
- Assisting in Preparing and filing of pleadings for and on behalf of the Institute;
- Responding to inquiries regarding specific cases;
- Serving legal documents to clients and other stakeholders;
- Maintaining and updating files systematically and accurately to ensure ease access and retrieval;
- Monitoring progress of contract and court cases;
- Maintaining and updating master diary for court cases;
- Verifying documents submitted to the legal department to confirm accuracy and validity;
- Drafting reports and submit the same to the Legal Officers for further action;
- Ensuring that pending matters are brought up for necessary attention; and
- Ensuring proper service of legal documents to clients and other third parties.
(b) Requirements for Appointment/Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- At least three (3) years relevant work experience;
- Diploma in Law from a recognized institution;
- Minimum KCSE C- (minus) or its equivalent;
- A current Process Servers Certificate or its equivalent;
- Demonstrable good results in work performance;
- Proficiency in compute applications; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
(c) Key Competencies and Skills
- Report writing skills;
(d) APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the KMFRI Job Application Form, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY, and envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 7th July 2021.
The Director General,
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P. O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Silos Road, English Point, Mkomani,
(e) APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Shortlisted candidates in compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
1. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
2. Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
4. Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
5. Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
1. Only SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted and shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and clearance certificates during the interviews.
2. Any canvassing will lead to AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
KMFRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.