KMF/8. ECONOMIC PLANNING OFFICER (STRATEGY & PLANNING) (KMFRI GRADE 7)- POSITION ONE (1)
Basic Salary Scale: KShs. 61,394 – KShs. 79,812 P.M.
House Allowance: KShs. 28,000 P.M.
Commuter Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.M.
Annual Leave Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.A.
Medical Cover & Other Allowances: As provided by KMFRI
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
(a) The duties and responsibilities of the officer entail: –
- Preparation and reviewing of the Corporate Strategic Plans;
- Executing the Institute’s internal policies, regulations, guidelines and strategies;
- Analyzing policy recommendations from various departments;
- Preparation of policy position papers;
- Preparation of the MTEF Budget, State Corporations Budget and other operational budgets and review of the same;
- Collecting and collating economic and statistical data on the planned programmes and projects;
- Initiating proposals for integrating the institutes activities’ in the Ministerial budgets and programmes;
- Recommending the review updating and aligning the Institutes strategies with the government priorities and strategies in the medium term;
- Ensuring implementation of departmental plan, policies, norms and procedures;
- Assessing the strengths, weaknesses of policy options and making policy recommendations from various departments; and
- Conducting pre-feasibility and feasibility studies on projects and programmes.
(b) Requirements for Appointment/Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, or Economics and Mathematics, or Economics and Statistics, Development Studies or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications skills; and
Meets the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
(c) Key competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills.
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team building
(d) APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the KMFRI Job Application Form, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY, and envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 7th July 2021.
The Director General,
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P. O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Silos Road, English Point, Mkomani,
(e) APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Shortlisted candidates in compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
1. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
2. Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
4. Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
5. Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
1. Only SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted and shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and clearance certificates during the interviews.
2. Any canvassing will lead to AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
KMFRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.