FRONT OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) was launched in 2012. It has been a World Bank’s info Dev initiative and is among a global network of Climate Innovation Centers launched
by infoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP). From 2016 to 2020, KCIC has been scaling up and admitting more clients.
KCIC has transitioned towards providing more inclusive and sustainable services since its inception and has been instrumental in impacting the climate change sector positively.
SMEs and MSMEs have benefitted from KCICs technical and financial support which has resulted in the development of innovative solutions to address the negative impacts of climate change.
KCIC is implementing the Agribiz program that seeks to be a catalyst and enabler towards greater involvement of women and youth in agricultural and livestock value chains. The
primary focus of the program will be to provide a range of services needed for 2,400 women and youth owned early stage agribusiness enterprises as well as Small and Medium
Enterprises (SMEs). The program will do this through establishment of 8 Business Incubation Hubs (BIHs) across 8 Counties in the Republic of Kenya. Through the BIHs, the program will deliver 4 services which shall constitute the core activities of the program and these will comprise;
- Access to services and facilities;
- Access to finance;
- Business advisory and technical assistance, and
- Access to information. Other general activities that will be carried out within the program will constitute awareness creation and the pursuit of an enabling environment for greater involvement of women and youth in agribusiness.
KCIC is in the process of recruiting for the positions of Front Office and Administrative Assistant to support the implementation of the Agribiz program in the Business Incubation Hub in Isiolo county as well as coordinate all administrative activities with the central hub.
The Front Office and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the day-to- day running of the reception. Whilst pro-actively performing duties as Front Office and Administrative Assistant, the jobholder will offer quality service to both internal and external customers. The Job holder will work closely with the team based at the Incubationhub.
- Attend to walk in customers and visitors, directing them accordingly as per their request.
- Perform clerical receptionist duties such as typing, filing, photocopying, collating etc.
- Manage the switchboard and answer, screen and forward all incoming phone calls to appropriate parties;
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers and sign for all incoming packages; arrange pick up for out-going package;
- Ensure that all deliveries made in the office are received together with invoices which should be submitted to the senior finance officer;
- Keep track of stock for office Stationery, Kitchen supplies, drinking water and any other office equipment required for office use and ensure timely requisition of the same;
- Ensure the front desk is always tidy and well organized to portray aprofessional image to visitors and clients;
- Manage the office cleaning by ensuring that the office is cleaned on time,the kitchen and the bathroom are well cleaned and kept tidy;
- Reconciles monthly petty cash in liaison with the Senior FinanceOfficer;
- Coordinate all the travel logistics with the driver within theorganization;
- Develop a tracker system for maintenance, car issues and fueling of thevehicle;
- Assist in meetings, venue co-ordination, and event organizing;
- Manage office access for all the staff members and clients;
- Monitor the flow of visitors to the office;
- Develop and maintain the office electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Work closely with the Procurement and Logistics Officer to ensure that the procurement policies and procedures are followed, and goods and services procured on time.
- At least a Degree in Business / Office Administration / Public Relations or any other related field;
- Experience in front office administration, or related fields;
- Computer skills including the ability to operate emails, spreadsheet and Word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Good customer relations skills;
- Good time management skills, organizing and planning;
- Confident, self-motivated and reliable;
- Good listener, proactive, team builder;
- Good interpersonal skills;
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements. The subject of the email should indicate the position being applied for.