The role of the Laundry Officer exists to provide maximum comfort and hygiene to our guest by delivering the best quality of laundered aircraft furnish and linen.
- Adhere to Laundry processes and formulas.
- Classify aircraft furnish, and linen specific categories prior to washing to ensure production efficiency.
- Load the laundry wash wheels properly and follow wash formulas to obtain efficiency in the washing process.
- Carry out preventive maintenance procedures on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis including filter cleaning/replacements, light oiling and water/detergent/steam leak identification.
- Multiskilling involving working on aircraft cabin aesthetics and cleanliness involving removal and replacement of soiled seat covers and curtains. Aircraft fumigation and pest control
- Ability to check for latched laundry machine system faults on the selector panel for predictive maintenance and accurate trouble shooting.
- Use the right prescribed quantities of chemicals; proper water levels; maintenance of equipment and proper scheduling of resources.
- Daily replenishment of detergents/cleaning solvents to the optimum levels.
- Ensure that the percentage of rewash does not exceed 3% of the linen volume processed in each time (daily, weekly or monthly).
- Carry out visual inspection to detect machine failures /problems which can be solved without undue downtime.
- Keep abreast with continual new changing aircraft furnish/linen fabrics and laundry chemicals in the marketplace to achieve and maintain high quality standards.
- Keep the Laundry free of dust and inspect daily.
- Empty line traps frequently after every shift.
- Attend to leaking pipes, humming motors or steam leaks immediately.
- Ensure and maintain a safe, healthy and secure working environment in compliance
with the authority’s requirements, relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company policies and customer airlines.
- Report hazards, near misses and incidents occurrences as per company procedures.
- Be conversant with firefighting skills.
- Pounds per hour produced per laundry step.
- Soiled carts dumped/pounds separated.
- Number of tunnel loads (transfers).
- Number of loads washed in conventional washers and turnaround time between loads.
- Pieces per hour per workstation person, including hand folded items Carts packed per hour.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Certificate in laundry, housekeeping, hospitality, catering, or hotel management.
Minimum 2 years relevant working experience. Previous experience in a similar role is preferable.
- Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods with capacity to lift up to 20 pounds unaided.
Basic arithmetic skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their application through LinkedIn or by attaching a detailed curriculum, vitae quoting the position title in the subject of your email to Recruitment@kenya-airways.com.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.