CHIEF ENGINEER JOB – ENERGY EFFICIENCY – HRAD/OD/01/06/2021
Job Type:Careers | Job Function :Electricity Dispatch
Reports To:Electricity Dispatch Manager
The job holder is responsible for ensuring efficiency in power plant operations, maintenance and execution of planned and emergency outages
Key duties & responsibilities
- Analysis of financial impact of outage duration and determining the optimum time for outages.
- Analysis of the operational performance focusing on,. (i) Plant availability/reliability
(ii) Load/utilization factors
(iii) Operational efficiency in relation to water, steam and fuel consumption
(iv) Energy Consumption and units used on works efficiency
(v) Operational Costs and financial performance
(vi) Safety performance
(vii) Repair & maintenance efficiency
- Analysing failures in terms of resolution and turnaround times to address revenue leakage.
- Analysis of overhauls & rehabilitation projects: planning and actual.
- Driving OPEX initiatives including Autonomous maintenance, 5S, SMED, Wrench time, SAP utilization, CBM, Contract frameworks, Root Cause analysis and others.
- Developing templates to standardize technical specifications for equipment, development of specifications across all the Power plants.
- Implementation of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Continuously review efficiency conditions and recommend improvements to working conditions.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should have: –
- Bachelor of science in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Membership of a relevant professional body will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in computing programs will be an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years work experience in engineering or relevant field, three (3) of which must be at the level of Senior Engineer.
- Minimum Years of Working Experience : 7
- Minimum Education Level : Undergraduate
To apply for this job please visit www.kengen.co.ke.