Center For International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb)
IPC Specialist Jobs January 2022, IPC Specialist Jobs in Kenya 2022, IPC Specialist Jobs in Nairobi, Jobs in Kenya 2022, Latest IPC Specialist Jobs in Kenya,
IPC Specialist Jobs at Center For International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb)
REPORTS TO: IPC LEAD
The IPC Specialist will oversee the day-to-day planning and implementation of IPC activities within Ciheb-Kenya supported facilities in collaboration with Nairobi City County.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide day-to-day mentorship and technical advice and assistance to facility staff and senior level officials of various collaborating departments and their staff (i.e., hospital directors, doctors, physicians, nurses, social workers). Primary areas include the design and implementation of facility IPC work plans and monitoring systems essential to ensure adequate implementation of IPC activities.
• Conduct routine assessment of healthcare facilities to monitor implementation of IPC policies and practices
• Assist with development of standard operating procedures and reporting mechanisms for IPC
• Conduct trainings for MoH, in-country partners and facility staff on IPC policies and practices using the national IPC curriculum.
• Liaise with the sub-county TB coordinators and sub-county IPC coordinators to supervise and implement IPC in select facilities
• Address inappropriate or inconsistencies in IPC program interventions implemented at the county, sub-county, or facility level; finding relevant solutions and training staff to follow new procedures; s/he analyzes issues to see if there is a pattern and recommending solutions to partners or leadership depending on challenge.
• Collaborate closely with other technical partners that are also working in support of IPC capacity building in the Ministry of Health and county Health department through holding regular IPC forums for best practice sharing and DDIU
• Support the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation for IPC services
• Bachelors or Diploma in Clinical Medicine/Laboratory Technology Public Health/Nursing
• At least two years of experience working with MoH, public health systems, and/or NGOs.
• Knowledge of host country specific health delivery systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
How to apply
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 13TH January 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “CLINICAL IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST/TEAM LEAD” or “RETENTION SPECIALIST” or “STRATEGIC INFORMATION ADVISOR” or “GBV PARALEGAL OFFICER” or “STRATEGIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.