Project Finance Assistant (Ref: 2021/006)
FULL TIME | INTERNATIONAL POTATO CENTER |KENYA
Resource Type: National Recruited Staff (NRS)
Closing date: 07/14/2021
Industry: Research and Development
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking torecruit a highly motivated and self-driven Project Finance Assistant.
The position: This position is needed to reinforce Project Budget and Compliance Unit bandwidth and improve the time of response for the Projects implemented in Africa and Asia mainly. Also, this will help to cope with vacation and timely fulfil donor requirements under new portfolio distribution, which has increased respect to previous years.
- Share donor regulations/conditions to relevant parties and monitor compliance with them and CIP internal policies and procedures during project implementation.
- Preparation and timely submission of Financial Reports to the donors.
- Support and prepare for project financial audits.
- Maintains all applicable project records and files in accordance with internal controls, demonstrating compliance with donor requirements.
- Supports the projects set-up and closeout processes.
- Provide timely project financial information to Project Leader, Project Management Unit and any other relevant stakeholder.
- Share best practices, processes, rules and conditions from the assigned Donor(s) with the rest of the unit and field accountants.
- Administrative support to the Project Budgeting, Compliance Unit as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from Finance and Administration or related careers (Accounting, Economy, Administration/Management, Industrial Engineering, or related fields).
- 1 year of experience required at least at internship level.
- Experience in Finance or Project management is a plus.
- Knowledge of the international development funding (Desirable)
- Strong written and spoken skills, capacity to communicate at different levels and audiences.
- Result oriented.
- Organized and methodic.
- Fluent in official language according to country location.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel
- Intermediate level in English.
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace
To apply for this job please visit recruit.zohopublic.com.