INTERNATIONAL FERTILIZER DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Objectives of the internship
- The main objective of the internship is to provide extra resources for on-ground execution for marketing and distribution activities planned for each partnership with a BoP component. The interns will work directly with the mid-level marketing consultants and the 2SCALE senior BoP marketing specialist to ensure that the BoP activity calendar is achieved in a timely manner.
- Toassist with on-ground execution of marketing and distribution activities.
- Assistin preparation (e.g., obtaining council permits, tent set ups) and carrying out market activations.
- Co-leadthe champion’s sales team to build and monitor retailer network.
- Prepareconcise sales and distribution reports on weekly, monthly, and quarterly bases.
Based in IFDC Nairobi office with frequent field visits to the respective partnership field offices.
The marketing interns will report to the respective marketing consultant and the 2SCALE BoP marketing specialist. They will also benefit from coaching from other team members of 2SCALE.
The intern will be expected to make daily, weekly, and monthly reports from specific activities such as field travels, trainings, workshops, among others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related course with a major in marketing.
- The intern should have completed university course in the last one year
- Experience in FMCG marketing activities as brand ambassadors or sales representatives
- Should have successfully executed outdoor activations.
- Personal laptops.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Good report writing skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to speak local language is an added advantage (if required)
Terms and Conditions
- IFDC Africa Internship Policy applies for interns working at IFDC offices in Africa.
- The Internship Program operates on a monthly flat-rate stipend of $200 paid in the local currency equivalent. Costs and arrangements for approved in-country travel, and accommodation is provided by IFDC.
- The purpose of the Internship Program is not to lead to further employment with IFDC but to complement an intern’s studies or expose them to the real world of marketing. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter as one document to email@example.com with the email subject ‘Marketing Internship position’ on or before Friday, 14th May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.