Website Kenya Nuclear Regulatory Authority ( KNRA)
Internal Auditor job at Kenya Nuclear Regulatory Authority ( KNRA)
Kenya Nuclear Regulatory Authority (KNRA) is a public entity established under Section 5 of the Nuclear Regulatory Act No. 29 of 2019, which commenced on 10th January 2020, to provide protection of persons, property and the environment against the harmful effects of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation.
Position Category: KNRA Grade 5
Terms of Service: three (3) year renewable performance-based Contract
For appointment to this grade, an applicant must;
- Be a Citizen of Kenya
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, Actuarial Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized University;
- Have served in the grade of Internal Auditor for a minimum of five (5) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector;
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya CPA(K);
- Be registered member of ICPAK in good standing;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Duties and responsibilities include:
- Implementing policies, procedures, frameworks, strategies, plans, legislations, standards and regulations on audit;
- Reviewing governance, transparency and accountability mechanisms with regard to finances and assets of the Authority;
- Conducting risk-based, value-for-money and systems audits aimed at strengthening internal control mechanisms that could have an impact on achievement of the strategic objectives of the Authority;
- Carrying out audit inspections of the Authority’s records and financial control systems, analyzing data and compiling audit reports;
- Developing and implementing an Enterprise Risk Management Framework;
- Preparing documents and taking minutes of the Risk and Audit Committee of the Authority;
- Identifying if and where processes are not working as they should and advising on changes to be made.
Skills and Competencies:
- Applicants should possess the following skills.
- Strong aptitude for mathematical skills
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Self-motivation and leadership skills
- Organizational skills and ability to manage time
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Keen interest in financial systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good report writing and presentation skills
How to apply
Interested candidates, who match the requirements of this position, should submit an online application with detailed curriculum vitae indicating qualifications, experience, present position, email address and mobile telephone number with copies of certificates and testimonials, identity card, through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 07th January 2022.
KNRA in an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and gender equality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents