Viscar Industrial Capacity Limited
Our client, MPESA Africa is a leading Financial Solutions company in the Telecommunication Industry. They are seeking additional team players in the capacity of Support Engineers.
Technical support duties include but not limited to architecture reviews and optimization, incident handling, detailed root cause analysis, problem management, configuration management, automation of routine tasks, documentation and operational acceptance compliance.
• Ensure data and/or application availability of the assigned systems and applications;
• Participate in design, testing and implementation of new products, services, functionalities or upgrades
• Provide support for financial solutions which includes MPESA and integrations
• Perform Systems and Applications Monitoring
• Maintain knowledge base by documenting technical knowledge
• Collaborate with team members to improve the tools, systems and procedures
• Participate and provide input to the M-PESA roadmap to ensure timely delivery of relevant products to Safaricom Customers;
• Work with the external and internal technical teams to ensure efficient resolution of all system issues • Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g: containerization
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure new functionality, processes and systems are fully understood
• Transfer system knowledge to internal customers on new features and support processes
• Prepare and publish accurate and timely system performance reports
• Perform regular service improvements that align with 99.999% availability
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues on the assigned systems and apply a work around or a permanent solution to resolve ensuring the MTTR is met
• Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal or external teams and follow up to ensure they are satisfactorily closed
• Provide prompt and accurate feedback to stakeholders on assigned tasks
• Ensure all issues are logged in the service management tool and are properly prioritized and also accurately log resolution details in the ticket
• A bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field as a minimum
• 2 years of work experience as an engineer in a telecommunications or financial services environment
• Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third party tools and frameworks
• Working knowledge of databases and SQL
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Software development skills in Java, python, Angular JS etc
• Knowledge in ITIL Service Operations processes and Agile methodology. Certification in Scrum fundamentals is an added advantage.
• Working knowledge in dev ops and dev ops tools like Github
• Knowledge in mobile money systems, integrations or Financial systems
• Must be able to work without supervision & meet tight deadlines/schedules
• Good presentation skills
• Proactive & self-motivated
This will be a 1 yr contract with possibility of extension.
How to apply
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: MPESA AFRICA SUPPORT ENGINEER
Application deadline: 25th November 2021 at 11:59p.m.