Information Technology Business Invoice Coordinator at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a global humanitarian aid agency engaged in transitional environments that have experienced some sort of shock: natural disaster, economic collapse, or conflict.
Information Technology Business Invoice Coordinator
The Program / Department / Team
The Mercy Corps Information Technology (IT) team serves as a global partner to all of Mercy Corp’s program teams and departments to deliver technology services securely and efficiently across the globe. IT has a critical role in driving digital transformation that allows Mercy Corps to remain a fast and efficient agency that succeeds in its core mission to enable us to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build, secure, productive and just communities.
General Position Summary
The IT Business Invoice Coordinator will oversee subscription-based accounts and billing processes for cloud services. S/he will work with various departments / programs to acquire approved purchase requests and other supporting documentation in order to process invoices for payment. S/he will work closely with Procurement, Corporate and International Finance to ensure all procurement and accounting policies and procedures are followed.
- Administer subscription-based accounts for cloud services;
- Manage cloud hosted accounts billing processes;
- Allocate and track licenses and subscriptions costs for various cloud-based services used by Mercy Corps;
- Process invoice payments relating to cloud-based services.
- Liaise with respective departments and programs to obtain duly completed purchase requests with accurate cost allocation codes, approval signatures and other supporting documentation for invoices processing;
- Process IT invoices for payment;
- Develop and maintain purchasing-invoice processing related instructions, documentation and other user materials on the department SharePoint Communications site
- Liaise and coordinate with Global, Regional and Field IT Admins in providing financial codes and guidelines
- Liaise with Corporate Finance and International Finance to develop and implement new procedures that streamline processing of IT purchases and invoice payments
- Act as liaison with Procurement on various tasks relating to IT purchases.
- Ensure proficiency of Mercy Corps FP3 and HP3 procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinate major IT events: conferences, workshops, regional summits and coordinate logistics including venue identification, catering alongside with other tasks to ensure successful events;
- Other duties as assigned
Reports Directly To: Director, Global Infrastructure and Support
Works Directly With: IT, Corporate and International Finance, Procurement
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- University degree with at least 5 years – experience in Accounting, Procurement and Administration functions;
- At least 1 year of experience with financial data, especially accounts payable and related analysis experience is required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills;
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail, excellent proofing, highly accurate and precise in complex multi-step processes;
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple competing requests, tasks, deadlines, and must have the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously;
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Well organized and flexible/adaptable to changing priorities.
A successful IT Business Invoice Coordinator will be a versatile multi-tasker with the proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, follow procedures, and meet deadlines. S/he will be committed to getting it right every time, creating procedures and documentation to replicate success with complex processes repeatedly. The IT Business Invoice Coordinator will have the ability to follow strict accounting policies and procedures. S/he will have a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members of varied work styles, to work independently, and demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving. A proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative and be accountable for results are important as well as an ability to understand the larger picture while remaining focused on the details, an even temperament, a good sense of humor and an awareness of and sensitivity to multi-cultural international development work.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.