United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
ICT Senior Manager Jobs at United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
UNOPS Kenya looking for “ICT Senior Manager”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 10th Jan 2022.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS ICT Senior Manager Jobs 2021
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of ICT Senior Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Responsibilities: Under the overall supervision of the UNOPS Senior Programme Manager or designated officer and within delegated authority, the incumbent will directly work with UNSOS teams and will be required to perform the following duties.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2021
- Coordinate and lead business and scope analysis, gathering of requirements and documentation, preliminary system analysis, data cleansing and enrichment, migration, and change management initiatives;
- Manage day to day operations and additional front loading preparatory technical and business process re-engineering and integration;
- Provide technical SAP and Power BI expertise to establishing and modernizing the Mission’s Business Intelligence and analytics strategy and operating model;
- Lead the planning, execution and monitoring of Project Management activities;
- Lead the creation of technical documentation;
- Provide end user training and documentation, as required;
- Contribute to the tracking and reporting times and efforts invested on the assigned tasks;
- Work as UNOPS focal point on the ground;
- Provide advice to the Chief of Section and other stakeholders on matter related to Business Intelligence and Business Analytics;
- Provide leadership in developing, deploying, and managing mission support management’s data collection and analytics-based reporting solutions to provide actionable intelligence to mission senior management team and to mission support unit and section chiefs;
- Provide technical expertise and leadership support to the implementation of BI strategy and roadmap for implementing UNSOS analytics and business intelligence capability to include elements such as the delivery of standard and ad hoc reports, dashboards, and trending based on an increased collection and cleansing method for mission support and mandate implementation data;
- Interact with, support, and consult with all UNSOS Pillars’ Sections /Units to define key performance indicators, standard and ad-hoc reports that enable business decision;
- Build a team and support structure that will enable and expand these capabilities;
- Lead a team of BI staff in the development of recommendations based on data analysis, independent root cause analysis conducted with key stakeholders/business process owners. Produce timely and actionable information which helps drive business results and guide decision making processes. Devise and promote effective analytic models and creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence;
- Contribute to the development of business rules, guidelines, standard operating procedures and formulate user requirements for IT systems in support of materials management and supply chain activities;
- Gather requirements from various stakeholders and process owners to define specific business requirements for the end-to-end Supply Chain performance management. Development and promulgate of Business Intelligence Guidance and Procedures and monitor compliance. Promote continuous improvement and innovation in the area of Supply Chain Performance Management;
- Assess Business Intelligence (BI) training needs; identify, design and coordinate the delivery of BI training programs to staff at all levels;
Position in Organization:
- Job categories: IT
- Vacancy code: VA/2021/B5011/23029
- Level: ICS-11
- Department/office: NYSC, SDC, UN Technology Support Services
- Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Contract level: P4
- Duration: 1 Year (renewable subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance)
- Application period: 13-Dec-2021 to 10-Jan-2022
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or in a field related to the post description.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in one of the following areas: supply chain management, logistics, procurement, engineering, operations management, focusing on application of reporting, analytics or BI to managing and improving business performance.
- Within these 7 years, a minimum of 3 years of experience with SAP ECC is required;
- Within these 7 years, a minimum of 4 years of experience in delivering BI solutions with Microsoft Power BI is required;
- Experience in sourcing, cleaning and preparing data, selecting and developing visualization and metrics.
The Closing Date: 10th Jan 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.