Standard Chartered Bank
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Kenya-Nairobi
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 14/Dec/2021, 6:16:14 PM
Unposting Date: 10/Jan/2022, 12:59:00 AM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role holder will provide value-adding support to East Africa HRBPs, focusing on execution of the People Plan for East Africa.
• Support the East Africa HRBPs to deliver the People Plan for countries across East Africa
• Review operating models to align these with the overall business strategy, using all available data to assess effectiveness, proactively identifying and securing resolution to points of misalignment
• Execute key HR projects and initiatives aligned to the strategic priorities of countries across East Africa, as per the project plan
• Coordinate ad hoc projects and deliverables related to the People Plan, interacting with Business Leaders / People Leaders for implementation of agreed actions
• Track delivery of people objectives against the relevant business/function scorecard
• Drive global performance and measurement requirements to support business deliverables
• Support key HR processes such as P3, Talent Forums, OD reviews and restructuring activities
• Prepare and analyse HR dashboards to proactively highlight and mitigate areas of concern as well as identify focus areas such as attrition, headcount and productivity
• Ensure timely and periodic submission of people-related MI along with insights, to key forums
People and Talent
• Collate and prepare data and insights that enable HRBPs to facilitate meaningful discussions at Talent Reviews with East Africa MTs
• Plan and manage the annual HR calendar of events (e.g. P3, 9-box, succession planning, key HR projects) for East Africa Countries
• Support HRBPs in coordinating major thematic risk & control responses within East Africa as part of the global process
• Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct as it relates to the role remit to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture of East Africa.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Country HRBPs
• Country Heads of HR
• HR Specialist Delivery & Operations colleagues
• Embed Here for good and the Group’s brand and values within the role’s remit
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
• Human Resources Consulting
• Influencing Through Expertise
• Business Intelligence
• Talent Management
• Planning: Tactical, Strategic
• Effective Communications
• Performance Management
• Organizational Change Management
• HR Legal and Regulatory Environment
• Employee Relations
• Human Resources Policies, Strategies and Environment
• Talent Analytics
To apply for this job please visit scb.taleo.net.