Website Aga Khan Hospital
Housekeeper Job, Latest Jobs In Kisumu 2021
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an Institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The Hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has Outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok. The Hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the following position:
HOUSEKEEPER (CLEANER) – LOCUM
REF NO: AKHK/HOS/HK/11/21
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe hospital environment for both internal and external clients for the enhancement of a customer-oriented service delivery.
- Sterilize patients’ rooms.
- Clean the floors using a variety of equipment and supplies.
- Wipe down windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using appropriate equipment.
- Clean ceiling vents, fans, storage areas, restrooms as allocated by the Supervisor.
- Clean all equipment and tools according to user manual and instructions.
- Carry out deep cleaning tasks as may be directed.
- Empties trash, places and disposes off the waste properly.
- Ensure proper labeling of bins according to type of waste and labeling of waste before disposal.
- Responsible for storage of all cleaning detergents, disinfectants, equipment, and tools.
- Report any wear and tear of any equipment in assigned areas.
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities noting items for repairs.
- Minimum KCSE Mean Grade D+
- Certificate in Housekeeping/Laundry preferably from Kenya Utalii College or any other relevant Institution.
- At least one (1) year of year relevant experience in the hospitality industry.
- Good personal grooming.
- Able to organize and prioritize work load.
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com on or before 13th December 2021.
- The email subject line MUST include Position title and Ref. number being applied for i.e., “AKHK/HOS/CL/11/21”.
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting and medical examination).
“Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”.