Abt Associates seeks a qualified Health Financing and Social Protection Director for an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Kenya, the Health Systems Strengthening Activity. The five-year activity will focus on strengthening health leadership and governance and strengthening health systems for quality and equitable service delivery. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We seek individuals who are committed to excellence and strive to improve the lives of people worldwide. This position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
The Health Financing and Social Protection Director will be responsible for providing strategic direction and leading the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities to increase financial protection and social protection.
• Develop and implement interventions to increase health financing and social protection, and convene key stakeholders to mobilize resources for social protection, with a particular focus on underserved and vulnerable populations
• Collaborate with the Ministry of Health, other relevant ministries, and health financing stakeholders to strengthen health financing and social protection schemes
• Represent the Activity’s health financing and social protection initatives to USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other key stakeholders
• Apply appropriate monitoring, evaluation, and learning tools within health financing and social protection activities
• Support the COP in developing annual work plans, budgets, reports, success stories, and other deliverables
• Manage and coordinate relevant partners and grants in compliance with USAID requirements
• Perform other duties as requested by the COP
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in public and private health administration, including experience in health care financing programs.
• Advanced degree in business management, public health, or related field.
• Excellent working relationships with officials in the national and county public health system.
• Strong communication and facilitation skills with the ability to lead high-level meetings, forums, and conferences.
• Excellent presentation and writing skills.
• Fluency in English.
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.