Website Kenya Power Pension Fund
Head of Strategy job at Kenya Power Pension Fund, Jobs in Kenya, Jobs in Nairobi Today, Jobs Today in Kenya 2021, Job Vacancies in Kenya
Reports to CEO & Trust Secretary
The role is responsible for providing guidance in the formulation and implementation of corporate strategic initiatives, monitor the plans set to enable the Fund meet its strategic objectives. The role will also drive innovation within the Fund, implement and manage the operational business process management framework across various functions, ensuring service and quality assurance – performance on Service Level Agreements with a view to enhancing customer experience.
The role holder will play an integral role in increasing member satisfaction and efficiencies through prioritized system enhancements and process improvements and will oversee the Quality Management System (ISO).
• Actively participate in the development, implementation and execution of corporate strategy by guiding the planning and review process and overseeing strategic initiatives and projects.
• Lead periodic reviews of strategy in line with external and internal political, economic, social, environmental change drivers and advise on the strategic implications of these factors.
• Advise management to enable a shared understanding of best practice strategic planning and to ensure that planning outcomes are highly effective and well aligned with the direction and objectives of the Fund.
• Direct the alignment of corporate reporting systems and the identification of key performance indicators and high level targets.
• Facilitate the strategic review and planning processes with the heads of departments, to enable the development of aligned and integrated divisional/business plans.
• Enforce compliance with strategic planning reporting requirements by linking to independent performance management and departmental processes.
• Lead process improvement initiatives through mapping of member journey and work with cross-functional teams to coordinate and streamline business processes; identify risks and issues and prioritize processes to be improved.
• Facilitate teams to critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality and simplification.
• Implement process solutions to improve operational efficiency and recommend innovative solutions to achieve operational effectiveness, promote implementation of best practices.
• Develop metrics to ensure processes improvement implementations are successfully measured and efforts are attached to improved member satisfaction.
• Develop challenging quality metrics across the Fund and monitor performance.
• Develop procedures to examine and report quality issues within the Fund.
• Oversee service quality, maintain and improve training platforms and work with management to improve key metrics.
• Administer and implement the Fund’s quality management system (QMS) to ensure efficiency, compliance and continual improvement and automation using Q-Pulse system.
• Act as the team leader of the ISO champions for coordination, planning and implementation of all quality audits, corrective actions, documentation reviews and records maintenance.
• Ensure that work controls, training and other records are properly documented, securely stored and easily retrievable for quality audits.
• Prepare QMS reports for management review meetings, staff and departmental meetings updates, external reporting for surveillance/certification audits.
• Oversee risk management review, customer feedback management, organizational awareness and training on QMS/ISO for champions and staff.
• Liaise with certification body and consultants for the Fund’s Quality Management System plans, certification/re-certification/surveillance audits and corrective action plans, training and Q-Pulse system support.
• Ensure implementation of audit recommendations from ISO, Internal and external audits.
The candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications;
• Master’s in Business related field.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
• Good understanding and experience in application of commercial and financial principles and corporate services.
• At least six (6) years’ working experience in Business Management.
• Membership of a professional body.
• Knowledge and experience in ISO 9001 or a Certified QMS Lead Auditor will be an added advantage.
• Understanding of quality assurance.
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies;
• Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity/inclusion.
• Creativity and innovation skills.
• Action oriented and demonstrated ability to manage priorities
• Quality focus and attention to detail.
• Professionalism and integrity in line with Kenya Power Pension Fund values.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
• Risk awareness and focus – demonstrate understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements,.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to visit the Fund’s website for detailed job descriptions for the roles at www.kppf.co.ke/careers/. Applications should be submitted through email to: email@example.com to be received not later than Tuesday 28th December, 2021.
Please attach your Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant testimonials indicating your current and expected gross pay, your telephone numbers, email address, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo integrity and security background vetting.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KPPF is an equal opportunity employer.