Website United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)
Graphic Editor Jobs at United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)
UN Habitat Graphic Editor Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Graphic Editor”. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 9th Jan 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Graphic Editor Jobs 2022
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st Jan 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Graphic Editor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Publication Coordinator of the Participatory Slum and Upgrading Programme (PSUP), the Graphic Editor will be responsible for the following duties:
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
- Conceptualize and provide publication layout, determining specifications for size, paper, typesetting, layout, illustrations, colors, etc.
- Choose and edit images for cover page and illustration of chapters out of an existing image database
- Edit images and create diagrams and graphics from different technical sources to standardize visual appearance
- Integrate texts and images from different sources into publication layout
- Incorporate changes as marked by revisers
- Prepare all approved designs in electronic format for final review and printing; reviews color and print proofs as required.
- Produce camera-ready final publication of the Solutions to Slums: Global Report on Human Settlements 2020 by formatting documents in desktop publishing layout for reproduction in hard copy and electronic dissemination.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Graphic Editor
- Department/Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 31 December 2021 – 09 January 2022
- Job Opening Number: 21-United Nations Human Settlements Programme-171614-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related areas is Required.
- Five years of experience in publications production, including desktop publishing, graphic design and layout, or related area is mandatory.
- Knowledge of editorial practices and desktop publishing, including typographic standards is required.
- Knowledge of standard industry production and printing processes, including desktop publishing, image processing and typographical layout, design and layout is required.
- Knowledge of photography, page layout and photograph sizing, and the ability to produce high-quality graphic material is preferred.
- Good graphic art skills and demonstrated ability to independently develop creative designs and produce high-quality graphic material for varied print media projects is required (e.g. posters, brochures, press kits, book covers, book designs, etc.).
- Knowledge of United Nations structure, internal UN printing practices and operations and rules of procedure of various organs, including documents production system, is desirable.
- Ability to work flexibly, with availability for overtime and on-call assignments, depending on the needs of the service is preferred.
How to Apply
The Closing Date: 9th Jan 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.