Graphic Designers Jobs, Jobs in Kenya, Jobs, Jobs Today in Kenya, Job Vacancies in Kenya, Jobs in Nairobi Today, Latest Jobs in Kenya,
Required Skills and Experience
• A Bachelors Degree in Creative Designs, Communications, Journalism, Mass Communication or Marketing, Fine Arts, Social Sciences or similar qualification from a globally recognized school/university.
• At least 5 years of experience in the field of graphic design with a proven record of pushing the boundaries of design by staying abreast of industry trends and providing creative and innovative solutions;
• Demonstratable experience that is limited to publication designs and templates, document layout, creation of graphs and infographics, charts and PowerPoint slides and branding.
• Strong theoretical and practical experience in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, etc.
• The ability to research and check facts and to question the validity of statements in the text.
• Experience of working for international organizations.
Each Graphic designer will work under the guidance of the Knowledge Management and Research Specialist and in close collaboration with the programme focal points for UN Women East and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) to provide design, illustration and multimedia services for diverse knowledge products including publications, studies, briefs, papers, annual report among others, in various multimedia projects and will be shared with media partners and UN system partners.
The consultant under the contract will be required to undertake the following tasks:
• Review of requested knowledge products including accompanying annexes and providing technical inputs where necessary;
• The consultant will design requested knowledge products while ensuring alignment with the UN Women branding and communications guidelines and templates.
• Conceptualize, design, and produce infographics of each of the requested knowledge products in line with UN Women branding guidelines
• Revise and finalize draft products based on feedback from UN Women
• The scope of work will include extensive input and direction from UN Women, reviews with UN Women, post production work and final products for dissemination. Reviews with UN Women will be done for every stage of work.
The Graphic Designers will be responsible for the conceptualization of digital projects. They will brainstorm and provide creative and innovative design direction that is aligned with UN Women guidelines and requirements.
The successful candidate (s) will be required to perform a variety of design related services including the Creative work, the template-driven work, or both of them. These will include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Develop creative concepts for knowledge products using a range of digital and print materials.
2. Create designs for knowledge products, including infographics, animated and interactive elements.
3. Develop brand identity materials and templates for new publication types.
4. Design and layout reports, and other documents.
1. Lay out new documents using design templates
2. Using the layout of existing documents, layout editions in other languages including English and/or French).
3. Replicate corporate design across a range of publications.
4. Prepare pre-print and pre-production files for knowledge products.
• Web ready versions of designed publications
• Print ready versions of the publications designed
• Infographics from the designed publications.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.undp.org.