National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
General Manager, (Social Security) job at National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
The National Social Security Fund is a friendly service organization which exists for the public good. It offers social protection to all Kenyan workers. We provide social security protection to workers in the formal and informal sectors.
General Manager, (Social Security)
Reporting to the Managing Trustee, the General Manager (Social Security) will be responsible for formulating and coordinating the implementation of policies and strategies for achieving the Fund’s mandate to register members, collect contributions and subsequently administer member benefits. He/She will oversee the operations of the Registration & Collections and Benefits Functions of the Fund ensuring the availability of required knowledge, skills and tools within the departments so that assigned managers are able to deliver on their roles by developing and managing the Human and other resources effectively.
- Keep abreast of local and global leading practices and trends and make recommendations to the Managing Trustee and other departmental heads on how this impacts the Fund.
- Set departmental goals and provide necessary direction to managers within own purview based on the Fund’s aspirations.
- Formulate and ensure implementation of best practice social security administration strategies that will drive up member registration and improve collections.
- Lead the development of the Fund’s member registration and contribution collection guidelines, policies and direct implementation of the same, ensuring that they are in line with relevant legal and statutory guidelines and best practices.
- Drive the identification of risks inherent in social security operations and articulate mitigating steps for addressing them in conjunction with the Enterprise Risk Management Department.
- Ensure the implementation of efficient data and records management systems that will ensure the integrity of data and information resources.
- Ensure effective management of the interfaces connecting head office operations, Regional Offices and Branches.
- Drive collaboration between own department and those of others within the Fund to ensure realization of inherent synergies, thus leading to increased operational efficiency.
- Oversees the maintenance and management of information including membership, contribution and benefits databases.
- Develop and implement strategies that will ensure that the Fund’s social security offerings are in line with member requirements in order to drive the growth of member registration through-out the country.
- Oversee the preparation of periodic reports on member registration and contribution collection.
- Liaise with the Information Technology and Quality Management departments to ensure the right level of process automation and quality standards are embedded in operations.
- Effectively and efficiently execute any other duty assigned by the Managing Trustee.
JOB REQUIREMENTS /SPECIFICATIONS
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in the financial services sector with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience at senior management role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Social Sciences or a relevant field.
- Master’s degree in any of the above fields or a relevant discipline.
- Registered membership of a recognized professional body.
- Excellent knowledge of pension schemes and related laws and regulations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial markets and economic indicators.
- Knowledge and experience resource management of operations and teams.
- Ability in execution as well as monitoring and evaluation of strategic objectives.
- Strong leadership, communication, alliance building and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service of varied demographic groups.
- Experience in performance management, target setting and resource allocation Innovation in strategies for retail and direct marketing
- Knowledge and experience of financial and programmatic reporting
- Knowledge in record keeping
- Knowledge of various employer and employee networks.
- Training in corporate governance
- Demonstrated experience in Risk awareness and Business Continuity planning
How to apply
Send your application ,Curriculum Vitae and copies of your certificates and testimonials by hand\Courier and email to the address below in an envelope that is clearly marked GENERAL MANAGER, indicating the position you are applying for or drop your application to the Managing Trustee’s Office, Social Security House, Bishops Road ,Block ‘A’, Western Wing,3rd Floor.
Board of Trustees
National Social Security Fund
P.O BOX 30599 – 00100
All applications must be received on or before 15th January,2022
NSSF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY