Garden City is Kenya's first integrated residential, retail and office (mixed-use) development, offering over 400 apartments, duplexes & family villas, an international shopping mall, 60,000 square metres of office space, a modern business hotel and state-of-the-art medical centre. And at its heart, a three acre central park, with a children's play area and generous lawns and gardens.
Food & Beverage Attendant Job, Current Hotel Kenyan Jobs,
- Self-motivated, Enthusiastic, Fit, and capable of heavy work.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Serving guests at the Brasserie & Lounge, including taking orders and providing information, servicing dishes, preparing and settling bills with guests.
- Carrying out work related to the preparation of the service, such as mise en place (amongst others setting tables).
- Other activities, such as assisting in the set up and service during receptions and meetings.
- Being able to independently run a service.
- High school and Food & Beverage certificate required.
- 1-2 years previous experience in similar role.
Knowledge/Abilities/Skills/Duties and Responsibilities
- Previous experience in conferencing and events is a plus.
- Understands beverage costs and par stocks to create an effective stock rotation and inventory system
- Have exceptional organizational, rostering and cost control skills
- Innovative in seeking out new opportunities and driving business.
- To ensure that all front of house areas are adequately stocked to ensure customers receive the highest standard of service.
- To ensure that all front of house fixtures and fittings are in fully working order and report any problems immediately.
- To act as a vital communication link between production team and guest. Ensure accurate and effective communication with all staff regarding departmental changes.
- To have full knowledge of menu items for example –preparation of dishes, ingredients, cooking methods, allergens etc.
- To liaise with the Chefs daily to ensure all menu items are available.
- To be responsible for correct guest billing.
- To be responsible for the ordering & controlling of stock and ensure date rotation is adhered to.
- To remain professional and operate in a manner which focuses on teamwork, consistent quality and standards.
How To Apply
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org