Fire Men job at Migori County
Migori County is a county in the former Nyanza Province of southwestern Kenya. It is located in western Kenya and borders Homa Bay County, Kisii County, Narok, Tanzania and Lake Victoria to the West. The county also borders Uganda via Migingo Island in Lake Victoria.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- A holder of KCSE/ O Level (minimum of grade D Plain)
- Have fireman/woman III certificate from a recognized fire services training school/institution lasting not less than six (six) months.
- Have a First Aid Certificate lasting not more than one week from St. Joseph Ambulance or Kenya Red Cross or from any recognized institution
- Have minimum one year experience in fire-fighting and operation of fire-fighting equipment
- Be physically and medically fit as certified by a government doctor
Reporting to Fire Officer, the officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Operating firefighting application and communication equipment
- Performing specialized functions in preparing and responding to fire and emergency calls in order to prevent and/or minimize loss of life, property or injury as a result of fire
- Responding to emergency calls with utmost speed and efficiency
- Safeguarding their own and other peoples safety at all times
- Assisting in rescue operation
- Inspection and maintenance of appliances and equipment and ensuring they are in good repair in accordance with county fire fighting policies and procedures
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor
How to apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Wednesday 5th January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearances:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
Women, People Living With Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply;
Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
MIGORI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER