Reporting to the Technical Supervisor; the Field Technician will conduct Installation, maintenance and repair of Electronic Security Systems including but not limited to Panic Alarms, Intruder Detection Systems, CCTV Surveillance, Electronic Access Control and Electric Fence.
• Ensure all technical installations and maintenance work assigned are attended to and (report back to supervisor after completion of jobs assigned)
• Maintenance and repair of electronic security equipment at customer locations
• Identify new products and keep up to date of the latest advancements in electronic security system technologies
• Ensure full accountability of materials, equipment and resources allocated to the performance of duties.
• Improvement in the operations, eliminate waste and use corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
• Process billable service calls and installation invoices; Collect and manage Installation paperwork
• Address internal and external customer requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Provide exemplary customer service in the course of undertaking duties
• Avoid and ensure limited customer complaints and loss of revenue associated with poor service delivery
• Properly investigate incidents and recommend preventive measures
• Ensure strict compliance with the G4S golden rules, minimum standards and all related policies
• Support and implement health and safety initiatives at every level of engagement
Knowledge and Qualifications
• A diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering
• Knowledge of IP based Security Systems and the application of IoT an added advantage.
• Installation and maintenance of Radio Telecommunications equipment.
• Good Knowledge of the Kenyan Market Electrical and Electronics Sector
• Good understanding off Kenya legislation on the Sector
• Certification with the relevant regulatory electronic agencies
• Minimum 3 years professional Experience in Installation and maintenance of Radio Telecommunications equipment.
• Practical Experience in Electronic Security Systems
• Knowledge in Integrated security systems
• Conflict Management
• Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
• Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
• Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
• Google suite of products
Behavioral Skills – Support
• Understanding the organizational environment
• Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
• Dealing with changing circumstances
• Supporting and working with others
• Delivering objectives
• Dealing with complexity
• Acting professionally
• Deliver great customer service
Sharing and co-operating
• Behavioural Skills – Management
• Awareness of the marketing environment
• Delivering performance
• Working with complexity
• Managing professionally
• Customer thinking
• Collaborating and Co-operating
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.