Public Relations & Communication Intern at Federation Of Kenya Employers
The Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) is the voice of employers in Kenya and the umbrella body that brings together enterprises from all sectors of the economy. The Federation’s mandate is to promote the interests of employers and to influence labour and social policy to support enterprise growth and competitiveness in a dynamic global environment.
Public Relations & Communication Intern-PR/06/2021
The intern will be placed in the PR & Communications department, reporting to the Manager, PR & Communications. He/She will be trained to support the department in delivery on the following roles:
- Drafting and writing documents, articles, reports, newsletters and press releases for review by the manager
- Creating publicity for FKE events among members
- Establishing targeted media contacts and relations that ensure media coverage of FKE work and events
- Packaging information for various FKE stakeholders as guided by the manager
- Branding of FKE materials as per the branding guidelines
- Taking part in planning and delivery of institutional events
- Carrying out basic design and layouts of documents as well as coordinating outsourced design work for delivery as per specifications
- In conjunction with the Manager, design and roll out digital media campaigns aligned with FKE’s Marketing & communication plan
- Capture all events (images and video) organized by FKE or where FKE is represented and publish them on all FKE’s social media platforms as per guidelines
- Develop relevant content topics to reach FKE’s target customers.
- Monitor trends, listen, update and respond to FKE followers on Social media platforms as per guidelines
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in PR/ Communications/ Media /Languages, or related fields of study
- One year Attachment experience in a Communications & PR role
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Displays in-depth knowledge, understanding and experience of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios by a corporate.
- Design knowledge and experience will be an added advantage
KEY SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Innovative, creative and adaptable
- Presentable and confident
- A team player
- A fast learner, organized and goal-oriented person
Commitment to service
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application (indicating current and expected salary), and detailed Curriculum Vitae with 3 professional referees and a copy of the National Identity Card (ID) through: Recruitment@fke-Kenya.org indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line to reach us not later than June 24th, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
FKE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Federation of Kenya Employers
Waajiri House, Argwings Kodhek Rd, Milimani
P.O. Box 48311-00100
To apply for this job please visit fke-Kenya.org.