Louis Dreyfus Company
Execution Assistant (Oilseeds) job at Louis Dreyfus Company
Execution Assistant is accountable for the flawless fulfillment of the execution throughout the trade to cash process including full completion of the customer file. The Trade Execution Function plays a pivotal role within LDC to ensure both internal and external customer satisfaction while optimizing the value of each transaction.
Along with the below listed responsibilities, the employee should conduct any other business related to the function as required by her or his supervisor.
Proactively Manages the Assigned Execution Pipeline Upon Nomination:
- Manages own assigned vessels to flawless execution meeting deadlines and proactively resolving potential issues
Stays fully Up to Speed on all Related Contracts (Contract Administration):
- Fully understands commercial contracts assigned as well as FOSFA, ICC Rules & RSPO, vessel charter parties contractual obligations, etc.
- Fully understands the services to contract whilst executing contracts such as surveyors, shipping and clearing agents and third party terminal/warehouse keepers.
- Proactively resolves issues as they arise and escalate to Execution Head, as needed.
Manage the Shipping Instruction Process Ensuring Documents Meet Contractual Obligations:
- Manages the vessel nomination and cargo appropriation process from shippers to buyers ensuring full compliance with contractual deadlines.
- Appoint third parties (supervisors, shipping agent) to monitor loading/discharging operation as needed.
- Appoints clearing agents to ensure cargo is custom cleared accordingly
- Follows up on daily operations to ensure cargo is loaded/offloaded as per contractual obligations (weight, quality, quantity, etc) to ensure smooth operations.
- Provides shipping documentary instruction to sellers via IRIS system and ensures that documents received in the process match LDC’s contractual obligations
- Ensure smooth and cost competitive operation during loading and discharging.
- Proactively manages the operations to ensure issues are dealt and resolved in a timely manner.
Maintains the front system updated:
- Maintains timely and accurate updates to the front system (IDS): invoicing, releases and stock
- Maintains accurate filing documentation (soft and/or hard copies) to ensure supporting documentation is available
Manages the Payment Cycle:
- Prepares/checks Letter of Credit to ensure compliance with contract terms as well as UCP & ISPB rules
- Prepares outgoing commercial and recharge invoices in a timely fashion
- Follows up on accounts receivable with Accounting Department to ensure LDC is fully paid.
- Reviews and books incoming interco and vendor invoices for payment .Elevate issues to trader or execution manager if discrepancies are identified.
- Follows up on calculated laytime to ensure timely settlement of files
- 2-3 years’ experience at least in a similar function
- Effective communication with third parties and all internal stakeholders
- Good aptitude for numbers, analysis and excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Strong team-player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Eagerness to learn
- Proactivity, ability to anticipate and avoid problems
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Openness and drive to change
- English (Basic)
- Bachelor degrees (International Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Administration or related area)
To apply for this job please visit www.ldc.com.