Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
The AECF is a leading development finance organization that supports businesses to innovate, create jobs and leverage investments to build resilience and sustainable incomes for rural and marginalized communities in Africa.
The AECF’ s goal is to bridge the investment gap between early-stage enterprise and business maturity for entrepreneurs serving the poorest communities. We provide patient capital to new and innovative business models in the agribusiness and renewable energy sectors across Sub-Saharan Africa through various financing instruments. To supplement finance, we also offer advisory services, investment support, and knowledge and insights.
The AECF has successfully implemented programmes across 26 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, supporting over 343 enterprises, raising US$ 392 million in funding for programmes, that have created 25,000 jobs and impacted 28 million lives.
The AECF is headquartered in Kenya, with offices in Côte d’Ivoire and Tanzania.
We are seeking an Enterprise Risk Manager with solid knowledge and experience in enterprise-wide risk management.
The Enterprise Risk Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining a risk management framework for the organisation, and monitoring risks, ensuring that they are within the approved risk appetite. The incumbent will also provide advice on matters pertaining to the safety and security of AECF staff, premises, and project sites, as well as ensure that field SOPs and security assessments of our areas of operation are continuously updated and relevant.
• Provide oversight over the Enterprise Risk Management framework that integrates risk management with the AECF’s strategic objectives. Develop strategies to entrench a risk management culture in the institution.
• Lead the identification, communication, measurement, and management of company-wide risks.
• Location: This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya (With occasional travel).
• Reporting to: Director of Operations.
• Conduct risk assessments to identify current and emerging risks.
• Continuously monitor and update the risk registers and appropriate risk tools.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement process design improvements to achieve greater efficiencies. Provide guidance and training to promote risk control awareness, ownership, and accountability. Support enterprise risk reporting requirements for Executive Management and the Risk Committee of the Board
• Support program managers in review of program risk registers and risk reports to donors.
• Coordinate a review of all AECF investees’ risk profiles on an annual basis.
• Coordinate money laundering and terrorist financing reviews of investees and all other third parties.
• Business Continuity Management
• Develop, maintain, and implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies for the institution. Develop contingency plans to deal with organizational emergencies.
• Conduct business impact analysis for all the functions of AECF.
• Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Coordinate the crisis management committee.
• Develop and implement a security strategy and supporting security procedures and guidelines. Assists in the response to crisis events and security incidents.
• Act as the contact person on all security matters from security service providers.
• Identify and promote security best practices. Identify and monitor trends of security incidents affecting AECF personnel and assets.
• Review staff travel and ensure staff have the necessary information and preparedness for the travel.
• Ensure lessons are learned and disseminated from the pattern of security incidents.
Suitable Candidates Should:
• Hold a Master’s degree in business or other related field.
• Have Professional certification in enterprise risk management.
• Have ten (10) years’ experience in providing enterprise risk management services in a cross- border firm or international organization.
• Be committed to and enthusiastic for AECF’s mission and business model.
• Have practical knowledge & experience in portfolio risk management.
• Have an understanding of risk in the context of development organizations operating in sub- Sahara Africa.
• Possess the ability to work independently while maintaining strong collaborative relationships with colleagues and partners.
• Possess the ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed at senior management level.
• Have excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication. analytical and conflict resolution skills.
• Have the ability to prioritize amidst various and sometimes conflicting priorities.
• Have a high attention to detail, self-driven, results- oriented and action-focused.
• Be fluent in English. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
How to apply
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The AECF considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion,
age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, submit your application to:
To be considered, your application must be received by: 24th November 2021.
For more information, visit our website https://www.aecfafrica.org/index.php/node/687
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit our careers page on www.aecfafrica.org
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.aecfafrica.org.