National Sales Manager Job
DKT International is a social marketing organization whose core mission is the provision of safe and affordable options for family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention. DKT International is one of the largest private providers of family planning and reproductive health products in the developing world, with a presence in over 50 countries. DKT began operations in Kenya in 2017 and currently markets and sells a variety of products under four brand categories: Kiss Condoms, Fiesta Condoms, Lydia Contraceptives, and Kare Maternal Health products. DKT is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and health-minded organization where individuals can make a difference in improving the lives of people.
The National Sales Manager will ensure a well-organized and widespread presence in the market that delivers results in line with DKT’s annual sales targets, revenue targets and overall business plan. Lead and manage DKT’s salesforce, including interfacing and managing distributors and customers at a senior level.
1. Achieve DKT’s sales goals through effective development and management of sales activities:
- Grow DKT’s sales volumes, revenues and profitability year on year.
- Develop annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets for the entire business in collaboration with Country Director.
- Assign sales targets effectively among salesforce to ensure achievement of overall targets.
- Ensure that each member of the team achieves targets through improved distribution and sales techniques.
- Closely monitor sales performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to quickly identify slow sales areas and make corrections across the salesforce.
- Keep up to date on market changes and competition to ensure growth of DKT market share.
- Conduct in-depth sales analysis to identify trends; develop sales forecasting tool to ensure stock is ordered on a timely basis.
2. Improve and Expand Distribution and Coverage:
- Create strategies and targets for increasing coverage and market penetration of DKT’s products.
- Develop coverage plans and expansion plans
- Outline distribution, productivity and drop size targets to the sales force and manage such targets through monthly reporting and KPI tracking.
- Directly manage the National Pharmaceutical Distributor, Key Accounts, and National NGO sales; indirectly manage national customer network through salesforce.
- Develop and implement sales schemes and sales promotions in order to increase volumes and penetration.
3. Salesforce Management:
- Effectively manage DKT’s salesforce through supervision, reporting mechanisms, KPIs, and ongoing mentoring.
- Design and implement rigorous reporting and monitoring systems to ensure full compliance of the salesforce and timely reporting of sales achievements
- Design and implement a highly effective sales incentive program and KPIs to drive performance.
- Hire quality people, keep approved sales positions filled, and fill vacant positions efficiently.
- Monthly, quarterly presentation of the overall achievement for the entire sales workforce with plans on how to improve performance
- Review performance of the team and liaise with HR function on any performance related issues for further action
- Provide guidance and motivation to sales force to implement point of sale merchandising and effective use of marketing materials.
- Coordinate effectively with HQ Marketing Team to ensure marketing and sales activities are aligned and as beneficial as possible.
- Other duties and tasks as needed.
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree in management, business or administration from an accredited institution; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 15 years of sales experience with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior managerial/supervisory role (preferably with a pharmaceutical background)
- Demonstrated success managing large sales teams and national sales operations.
- Strong command of salesforce administration, including reporting requirements, supervision techniques, KPIs, and performance monitoring.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- High levels of integrity
- A natural leader; self driven with a positive attitude
- Ability to analyze complex sales data and present clear and simple presentations to senior management
- Superb customer relationship management and negotiation capabilities
- Must be team oriented and results focused
- Senior level sales skills developed through experience and professional training
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send CV to email@example.com, by 15th July 2021
Kindly also indicate details of your availability, current and expected salary, names & addresses of 3 business referees, current and previous employers, roles and responsibilities handled to date, together with your day and cell contacts.