Website Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
Director, Standards job at Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council, Jobs in Kenya, Jobs in Nairobi Today, Jobs Today in Kenya 2021, Job Vacancies in Kenya,
The position of director standards job grade ‘KM-2’ in the kenya medical practitioners & dentists council, equivalent to job group ‘T’ in the public service (1 position)
The Director, Standards will be responsible to the CEO/Registrar for the overall coordination and management of the Standards Directorate.
The Standards Directorate is established pursuant to section 4(1) (a), (c) and (h) of the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Act Cap. 253. The directorate is mandated to establish and maintain uniform norms and standards on the learning of medicine and dentistry; to prescribe the minimum educational entry requirements for persons wishing to be trained as medical, dental and community oral health practitioners, and to determine and set a framework for professional practice of medical, dental and community oral health practitioners in Kenya.
A. PERSONS SPECIFICATION:
• At least ten (10) years of relevant experience five (5) of which must have been in a Senior Management Position or a comparable position in the public or private sector.
• Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Public Health, Medical Laboratory, Pharmacy, Economics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Law, Strategic Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Public Health, Medical Laboratory, Mental Health, Clinical Medicine, Oral Health, Pharmacy, Economics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Law or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Leadership Course/Corporate Governance lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution.
• Registration by a relevant and recognized regulatory or professional body;
• Current and valid practicing license by a relevant and recognized regulatory body where it is applicable;
• Proficiency in computer applications;
• Met the requirements of chapter six of the constitution;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
B. KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Strong Communications and Reporting skills
• Interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Conflict management
• Mentoring coaching and leadership skills
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi-task
• Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams
• Planning and analytical skills
C. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
The duties and responsibilities will entail: –
• Coordinating the development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, strategies, standards and regulations on standards;
• Spearheading the establishment of policies for scope of practice for practitioners registered by the Council;
• Ensuring the implementation and adherence of guidelines on scope of practice;
• Coordinating the establishment and dissemination of policies for professional conduct and ethics;
• Establishing policies and procedures and enlisting cooperation and support for the prevention or alleviation of circumstances which may lead to impairment in students and practitioners;
• Establishing mechanisms and procedures for the early identification of impairment in students and practitioners;
• Overseeing the implementation of procedures for handling crisis situations which may threaten patient safety and care;
• Ensuring informal assessments of reports on alleged impaired students and practitioners are undertaken;
• Appointinginvestigationcommitteesonanadhocbasistoundertakeformal investigations into reports on alleged impairment in the absence of voluntary cooperation of students or practitioners;
• Considering applications by students or practitioners who were found to be impaired to have their conditions of registration or practice amended or to have such conditions revoked;
• Overseeing the implementation of treatment programmes of impaired students or practitioners and to review the position of each such student or practitioner at least every three (3) years;
• Overseeing the review of the policies and guidelines for scope of practice, professional ethics and Fitness to Practice;
• Establishing and disseminating policies for professional conduct and ethics;
• Participate in establishing and maintaining uniform norms and standards on the learning of medicine and dentistry in Kenya;
• Participate in prescribing the minimum educational entry requirements for persons wishing to be trained as medical, dental and community oral health practitioners;
• Participate in developing core curricula for MBChB, BDS and Community Oral Health Programme (Bachelor and Diploma Programme);
• Participate in developing Core Curricula for specialist programmes;
• Drafting guidelines for accreditation of medical and dental schools, and teaching hospitals;
• Drafting guidelines for inspection and approval of collegiate training sites;
• Participate in defining criteria for eligibility for registration internship qualifying examinations, preregistration examinations, and peer reviews as deemed appropriate by the Council;
• Participate in determining and setting a framework for professional practice of medical, dental and community oral health practitioners;
• Participate in developing policies for scope of practice for practitioners registered by the Council in line with regional and international standards;
• Participate in developing code of conduct for registered medical, dental and community oral health practitioners in line with regional and international standards;
• Participate in undertaking the development of minimum requirements on infrastructure, personnel and service provision of health facilities per level;
• Participate in undertaking the development and review of the singular and joint inspection checklists for health facilities;
• Preparing, submitting and reviewing reports to the relevant Head of Department.
• Participate in establishing minimum standards for Continuous Professional Development (CPD)Training.
• Conducting research and benchmarks with relevant institutions on what is prevailing in the market;
• Coordinating dissemination of policies for professional conduct and ethics;
• Mentorship of staff.
How to apply
Interested candidates are hereby called upon to apply in confidence to the address below via Post Office or Hand Delivery or via the Email email@example.com latest 21st December, 2021 enclosing cover letter, CV, with full details of education background, professional qualifications and relevant experience together with copies of testimonials, academic certificates and National Identity card.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
KENYA MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS AND DENTISTS COUNCIL
KMPDC HOUSE, WOODLANDS ROAD NAIROBI
P.O. BOX 44839 – 00100, NAIROBI KENYA
All hardcopy applications sent through Post Office or hand delivery must be accompanied by a soft copy to email provided above.
KMPDC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons including the Youth, Women, Persons with Disability and persons from minority groups to apply. Only successful candidates shall be contacted for interviews and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.