Customs and Excise Manager
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
As the home of iconic brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, at Diageo we source, produce and deliver 6.5 billion litres of world-leading products every year across 180 markets globally. Because of this huge undertaking, we rely on highly advanced systems as well as the very best talent to make sure our businesses continue to run smoothly.
To give you some idea of the scale of our operation, over half of our 30,000 employees work in our supply chains. We have teams in over 100 sites across more than 30 countries, but what matters is that wherever you work, you’re part of a diverse, inclusive team where there are opportunities for everyone. Whether you work in planning, logistics, technical teams or manufacturing, you’ll be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation. We set ourselves the highest standards, and our practices have earned us international recognition. And it’s people with energy, dedication and problem-solving skills who’ll help us get even better. In return, we offer a world of opportunities for you to explore, to shape and progress your career.
About the role
This role Provides proactive, high quality specialist global trade & excise governance leadership to ensure the effective management of Diageo’s global trade affairs within the Africa Region. The role applies and executes Global CoE strategies and policies to manage and mitigate key risks.
- Participate in developing and executing strategies, policies, standards, guidelines for global trade management and drive adoption of, and adherence to, policies and standards.
- Provide specialist support on regional global trade issues and support the business by reviewing the implications of business-initiated projects to Diageo’s operational structure and value chain
- Participate in global trade projects to deliver shareholder value/manage potential exposures.
- Proactively support the delivery of the Global Trade CoE objectives aiming to standardise and simplify processes and procedures.
- Keep up to date with customs and excise regulatory changes and best practice; identify risks and opportunities and recommend actions.
- Experience of leadership within a Global
- Trade/Supply function in a global multinational
- Experience of providing domestic and cross border technical advice
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Good team working and communication skills across diverse cultures
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
To apply for this job please visit diageo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.