Deputy Director Natural Resources And Forestry Development job at Migori County,
Migori County is a county in the former Nyanza Province of southwestern Kenya. It is located in western Kenya and borders Homa Bay County, Kisii County, Narok, Tanzania and Lake Victoria to the West. The county also borders Uganda via Migingo Island in Lake Victoria.
Deputy Director Natural Resources And Forestry Development
Requirements for Appointment:-
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:-
- Kenyan citizenship;
- Served in the Public Service for at least Five (5) years or equivalent. Three of which must be at senior level, in the climate change or Environment related field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Climate Change and Climate Systems; Meteorology, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management, Botany and Zoology or related fields;
- Demonstrate management and ability as reflected in work performance results; and
- Satisfy requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 as leadership integrity.
Duties and responsibilities this level will entail:
- Implementation of programs, projects and activities related to Natural Resources and forestry in the department
- Enforcement of relevant rules, laws and regulations and monitoring the resilience and health of the environment
- Collect, analyze and report data and information on environment and natural resources
- Compile regular report as may be required on environment and natural resource activities
- Identifying needs challenges and problems for developing effective extension methods and practices through consultations with key stakeholders including community producers and government technical and extension agencies
- Develop and implement action plans for enhancing public knowledge and skills on natural resources and forestry development
- Promote agroforestry activities within the County
How to apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Wednesday 5th January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearances:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
Women, People Living With Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply;
Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
MIGORI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER