Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission
Deputy Commission Secretary/Operations job at Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission
The Commission is responsible for conducting or supervising referenda and elections to any elective body or office established by the Constitution, and any other elections as prescribed by an Act of Parliament and, in particular, for; The continuous registration of voters and revision of the voter’s roll;
Deputy Commission Secretary/Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to the Commission Secretary for management and coordination of the Commission’s field services;
- Responsible for electoral cycle and operational planning of electoral events including development of proposals for reforms and change initiatives;
- Monitor and ensure the effective and efficient performance of core functions including; voter education, voter registration, boundary databases, electoral operations and electoral dispute resolution; d) Responsible for integration of appropriate technology in electoral operations;
- Oversee the development and management of electoral reporting system, and ensure the development of key policies and strategies for the respective electoral divisions;
- Oversee the development of a voter registration plan, structures and processes to deliver a certified and credible National Voters Register;
- Oversee the development of voter education plans, strategies and collaborations;
- Coordinate the development of the electoral calendar and manage its execution; and
- Review findings on monitoring and evaluation of all electoral events with a view to recommending areas for improvements.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Must have a Master’s degree in social Sciences, Law or Public/Business Administration or related field from a recognized university/institution;
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in social Sciences, Law or Public/Business Administration or related field from a recognized university/institution;
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant experience, five (5) of which must be at senior management level in a large organization;
- Must be a Member of a relevant professional body and in good standing; and
- Must have demonstrated track record in delivering significant strategic initiatives/experience or a strong appreciation of electoral administration or electoral reform is desirable.
How to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit their application both online and in hard copy. Online applications to be accessed through the IEBC jobs portal https://jobs.iebc.or.ke and the Hard copy applications to include copies of certificates, National ID and testimonials indicating the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope.
Important to note:
- Only applicants submitting both physical and online applications will be considered;
- Details of requirements are available on the Commission’s website; and
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only Successful candidates will be required to submit integrity clearance certificates from respective statutory bodies
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications to be submitted not later than 12th January 2022, and hard copy applications to be addressed to the undersigned: –
The Commission Secretary/CEO
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission,
Anniversary Towers, 15th floor
P. O. Box 45371-00100,
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iebc.or.ke.