Reporting to Senior Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation The role is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of EGF databases and the central data management information system. The role will involve the planning and development databases as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users and ensure that data remains consistent across the database. This role is further responsible for installation and configuration of databases, data backups and restoration, database monitoring and performance tuning and securing of databases.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Update on routine basis the project database and data management information system.
- Conduct routine project data cleaning and facilitate routine data quality assessments.
- Maintain the integrity and performance of the data base.
- Monitoring database systems performance and address potential issues to ensure services are available and running optimally.
- Work closely with the ICT department to carry out database changes and updates during deployments of application releases.
- Perform backups and recovery of data and data logs.
- Performs database optimization and performance monitoring databases.
- Implement relevant updates and patches.
- Implement procedures that will ensure and sustain database security.
- Identifying and resolving complex database server problems.
- Analyzing and improving database performance for key processes
- Support for new ongoing project development, testing, and deployment
- Monitor user access and security and control database access permissions and privileges.
- Enhance, improve and implement disaster Recovery solutions including designing, configuring and support the existing environment.
- Keep abreast of the latest security, legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts, and vulnerabilities and plan proactive actions accordingly.
- Continually monitor security events in the network, take corrective actions and generate reports for management.
- Organize and facilitate tailored capacity building forums for program staff in data management, analysis and quality checks.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of undergraduate degree computer science, data science, programming statistics or related course.
- Professional certifications in relevant data base management and information systems.
- Practical experience in the installation and administration of database servers (Oracle, MS SQL, Mongo DB, Postgres etc.)
- Programming knowledge in Java, Python and C/C++.
- Demonstrate understanding of data base management and softwares
- At least 5 years progressive experience in data base and systems management
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Attentive to details.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.