Website Xalam Analytics
Data Analyst – Tableau – Remote
Our clients are some of the world’s largest technology firms and financial investors. As a firm, we have been raising the bar for research depth on frontier technology markets, and we are transforming the way our customers use data to make investment and business decisions.
What you will do, how you will grow
We are hiring a research and data analyst to grow our Tableau-based data analytics platform. If you have above-average knowledge of Tableau, have a passion for technology and frontier markets, and are hungry to transform how executives and boardrooms use data analytics and visualizations to make decisions, then this is the opportunity for you.
You will support, and contribute insights into our market assessment, technology forecasting, corporate strategy and investment advisory work. And you will grow by being a key member of a fast-growing, global boutique advisory firm. You will have the opportunity to execute high-value, highly strategic investment and technology projects for a broad range of high-profile customers.
What are the key responsibilities of this role?
At Xalam, we collect large amounts of ground-level data, analyze it, develop insights and communicate those insights in a manner that add value to our clients’ work and decisions. You will largely work independently, while part of a cohesive research team. As such, you will be expected to be a dynamic self-starter and independent problem-solver, able to deliver under tight deadlines and blend into a high-performing, data-driven, global and multi-cultural team.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
1. Working within our research team, design, develop and implement Tableau-based market dashboards.
2. Communicate insights, findings from our research to our customers.
3. Leverage existing and data to create new visualizations, insights into our clients’ markets and investments.
4. Build the firm’s reputation and expertise on data analytics across Africa initially, through thought-leadership and knowledge development.
This is a remote position. The successful candidate will be expected to work remotely, accessing online tools and collaborating with colleagues and customers across continents. The preferred locations for this position are Nairobi, Kenya; Johannesburg or Cape Town, South Africa; Accra, Ghana, or Dakar, Senegal.
Key qualifications for this role:
• Undergraduate (or graduate) degree in Computer Science, data analytics, applied mathematics, statistics, business, finance, economics or related field
• Tableau is our primary platform; experience creating and managing Tableau dashboards is a requirement for this role and will be strictly tested.
• Knowledge of SQL, Python or GIS software a plus
• Work experience at a data analytics firm or management consultancy, including experience leading projects and building client relationships.
• Ability to pay attention to details, be extremely responsive to customers and colleagues
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly, concisely, with a high degree of professionalism and credibility
• Ability to work effectively in a high-performing start-up atmosphere.
• Fluency in English; proficiency with French, Arabic will be an advantage
• Flexibility – various part-time/full-time/contract options can be explored, subject to experience and compensation.
• Work remotely (with expense reimbursement), while connecting with a global team.
• Our commitment to you is that you will have a stronger career profile and deeper experience when you leave us, through to high-value project work, and extensive training from experienced management, on business, data analytics, forecasting and economics.
How to apply
If you believe the above criteria describe you, please get in touch. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to the large volume of requests, please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Xalam Analytics is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!