Website United States International University-Africa
Curriculum Developer job at United States International University-Africa
Reporting to the Director, Quality Assurance, the Curriculum Developer will provide technical support to faculty in the development, monitoring and evaluation of new degree programs in the university.
1. Plan for and coordinate new degree program development across the schools following the university strategic plan.
2. Develop/adapt support materials for faculty working on new degree proposal.
3. Access, interpret and, disseminate the requirements of the accrediting commissions on new degree proposals
4. Provide oversight during the uploading of new degree proposals onto Box.com for WSCUC review.
5. Plan, support and follow up the effecting of corrections suggested by accrediting commissions after review of new degree proposal.
6. Support teams reviewing existing curricular (program review)
7. Review curriculum change proposals for internal approvals.
8. Support faculty and staff development/training in curriculum related issues.
9. Liaise with Institutional Research office to ensure relevant data for need assessment in the development of new degrees is gathered.
10. Support the other engagements in the QA office.
11. Engage with curriculum implementation through the teaching of one or two courses per academic year (depending on the workload in the development of new degree proposal)
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Quality Assurance.
1. Minimum qualifications of a PhD in Education with specialization in Curriculum Development/ Curriculum Studies and Instruction or a related area.
2. Three (3) years university level teaching or curriculum development experience.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• At least 5 years’ experience dealing directly with faculty (teaching staff at university level)
• Curriculum development and teaching experience at University level is an added advantage
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement systems at university level is an added advantage.
How to apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide current CV, copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: 5.00pm, Monday, January 3, 2022.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Disclaimer: USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collect any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit usiu.ac.ke .