Website Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB)
Corporation Secretary and Director Legal Services at Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB)
Our Vision To be a world-class film content regulator. Mission To safeguard the national values and norms through efficient, effective and professional film regulatory services. OUR MANDATE The Kenya Film Classification Board, a state corporation under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and the Arts is mandated by Films and Stage Plays Act Cap 222 of Laws
Corporation Secretary and Director Legal Services
(JOB GRADE KFC 2)-JOB REF NO: KFC/HRA/CSDLS/2021
This cadre is responsible for providing effective and efficient management of Board activities, contract administration, legislative drafting and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory legislation including provision of legal advice to members of management and the Board.
The Corporation Secretary/ Director and Legal Services will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer and to the Board for providing strategic leadership and direction in the implementation of the Corporation Secretary and Legal Function.
For appointment to this grade an officer must: –
- Have a minimum of twelve (12) years’ relevant work experience, five (5) of which should have been in a senior management position;
- Have Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have Masters of Laws degree (LLM), Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualifications from recognized institution;
- Have Post graduate Diploma in Legal Studies (Advocates Training Programme) from the Council ofLegal Education;
- Be Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Have Current Advocates Practicing Certificate;
- Membership to the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) and the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPS (K).
- Be Certified Public Secretary of Kenya (CPSK);
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Be Proficient in computer applications;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and merit as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to apply
Please submit your application to email@example.com so as to be received not later than 4th January 2022.
In addition to the qualifications set above, shortlisted candidates will be required to provide copies of clearance certificates/letters of good standing from the following;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Bureau Reference.
TERMS OF SERVICE
An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant. The appointment is on a permanent and pensionable terms
Applications MUST consist of application cover letter, detailed CV with three (3) referees contacts; Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant Certificates and Testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport to be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Film Commission,
Jumuia Place, Second Floor, Lenana Road,
P. O. Box 76417,
KFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and
persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of
required documents will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted