Website Parliamentary Service Commission
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assisting in preparation of briefs (by providing input from respective areas of operation) for presentation to Honourable Members of Parliament so that complaints are addressed as they arise;
2. Analysing and examining of financial claims to ensure that supporting documents are compliant with financial regulations;
3. Analysing quotations submitted for the purchase of furniture and equipment to ensure adherence with set rules;
4. Analysing submitted financial returns from County/Constituency offices to ensure compliance with regulations;
5. Capturing financial returns from County/Constituency offices to ensure internal control in expenditure as per the individual item / vote heads;
6. Production of expenditure statements from County/Constituency offices, so as to guide in authorization of subsequent payment;
7. Flagging off any inadmissible supporting documents submitted to ensure financial prudence;
8. Giving advice / opinion on the authenticity of the supporting documents to ensure adherence to government regulations;
9. Analysing documents for service gratuity payments for proper execution of the contract;
10. Calculating the service gratuity payable to exiting staff for proper execution of the contract; and
11. Advising and guiding County / Constituency office managers on matters affecting their offices to ensure timely resolution of issues that may affect service delivery;
Requirements for Appointment: –
For direct appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
1. Have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/institution; and
2. Have passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Kenya Examination or any other acceptable professional accountancy qualification.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE ONLY through the Parliamentary Service Commission website; www.parliament.go.ke/vacancies or http://careers.parliament.go.ke/PSC so as to reach the undersigned on or before 10th December 2021.
APPLICATIONS THROUGH THE POST OFFICE, EMAIL OR HAND DELIVERY SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A NEW RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND THAT THE PREVIOUS DATA ON REGISTRATION WAS PURGED AND APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER A FRESH TO PROCEED WITH APPLICATION.
For any Enquires and assistance related to this recruitment, a help-desk with the following email addresses and phone numbers have been provided.
1. +254 202848000
2. +254 113522445
3. +254 738663100
Please note that any communication relating to the processing of the applications shall be only through the Parliamentary website, the above emails and/ or the online recruitment system notices
To apply for this job please visit careers.parliament.go.ke.