Website Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR)
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND Experience
Job Field: Law / Legal
Reports to: Deputy Director – Complaints & Investigations
Location: Nairobi with occasional travel
Duration: Permanent and Pensionable
Gross Salary: Kshs. 100,250
This position is responsible for the support to implementation of the organization’s complaints and investigations strategy by receiving and processing complaints on alleged Human Rights violations in Kenya.
• Screening of petitioners to determine if the complaints are admissible or not;
• Offering legal advice to petitioners
• Keying complaints data in the Complaints Management System.
• Review of admitted complaints and follow up with petitioners
• Undertake preliminary investigations on admitted complaints.
• Prepare timely situational reports on complaints processing.
Skills, Experience and Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Law, Anthropology, Criminology, Political Science, Sociology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• One (1) year relevant experience in a reputable organization;
• Experience in human rights complaints handling;
• Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution;
• Met the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
• Knowledge in Alternative Dispute Resolutions mechanisms will be an added advantage.
• KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer which offers a competitive remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience. Qualified female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you possess the above qualities, please submit your application electronically through email@example.com , clearly indicating the position, and the Ref No. on the subject line, together with a detailed C.V, names and telephone contacts of three referees one of whom should be your immediate supervisor, to reach us by 7th December 2021