Website SOS Children’s Villages
The Clinical officer –In -Charge oversees all activities within the SOS Medical Centre Clinic in order to achieve the highest level of Medical care possible.
The incumbent supervises, co-ordinates and oversees the work of other Medical staff when in the Clinic. In addition, s/he maintains a close involvement with patient health –care and personally attends to more complex cases referred by the other carders at the facility.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
1. Quality care and treatment services by ensuring quality care and treatment is given to all clients. Improve upon paediatric care services at the medical Centre. Add value where the child welfare clinic is concerned.
2. Guides, controls and co-ordinates all Medical Activities at the Centers
3. Provides Information and Medical update
4. Ensures Efficient management of the Clinic
5. Promotes Good relationship with External Bodies
6. Monitoring and Evaluation of the Program
7. Participate in planning and budgeting of the Medical Centre
8. Establish links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, donors GOK departments and community
• Have a Bachelor degree Clinical Medicine
• Must be registered by the Clinical Officers Council
• Holder of a valid practising License from Clinical Officers Council
• At least 5 years working experience in clinical medicine
• Knowledge of Infection, Prevention and Control in health facilities
• Experience working with Ministry of Health systems on COVID 19 is an added advantage
• Good Leadership skills
• Good report writing skills
• Good report writing and analytical skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
How to apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV (with details of at least 3 traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer should be sent electronically to): Email: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resources Manager to reach us on or before 14th November 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.