Website Premier Hospital
Reports To: Chief Nursing Manager
To have a pivotal role in meeting the psychological, emotional and information needs of cancer patients and their families/significant others.
Patient Treatment and Nursing care
• Provide support to the family and significant others, through listening, problem solving, and education.
• Access patients regarding their need for referral to specialist services.
• Collate and organise multidisciplinary meetings on a fortnightly basis or more often if required.
• Foster good working relationships with all members of the oncology team
• Maintain accurate clinical records which comply with legislation and best practice. He or she will ensure that all cancer patients who are referred to the service are seen by the Oncologist
• Demonstrate specialist knowledge of and clinical expertise in the delivery of patient care.
• Be aware of all hospital policies and procedures and collaborate with other health care professionals to ensure that these are observed.
• Be actively involved in the preparation and implementation of policies, and in collaboration with other health care professionals ensure that they are observed.
• Be actively involved in the preparation and implementation of policies and nursing guidelines in relation to the management of care to cancer patients.
• Assist with manual handling and transferring of patients (where necessary) in compliance with the hospital policy
• Maintain a safe and therapeutic patient care environment through participation in infection prevention activities and other relevant activities.
• Undertake the last rights for deceased patients and give relevant information to relatives
• Assist the Ward in –charge in promoting the right of patients/clients and maintaining their privacy and dignity.
• Perform any other official duties that may be assigned by the Ward in -charge/ supervisor
II. Health safety and other additional responsibilities
• Adhere to the hospital health and safety policies, guidelines/protocols (e.g. the use of personal protective clothing/equipment, fire safety) to ensure significant reduction in nosocomial infections.
III. Quality Assurance
• Comply with the hospital quality assurance policies and guidelines and work within the prescribed quality standards for the nursing care.
IV. Work planning, Performance Management, and Professional Development
• Knowledgeable and implementation of current clinical practices and standards
Minimum Requirements/ Qualifications
• Diploma/ Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution
• Certification in Oncology training
• Valid professional practice license
• BLS and ACLS certification
• 2 years post internship/ prerequisite training experience
Key Job Requirements
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and high demand environment
• Flexibility of working with many different types of people and situations
• Strong and highly visible team player with relationship building skills
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating on the email subject the position being applied for. The application should be received not later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 24th November 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.