Website Corporate Staffing
Chef job at Corporate Staffing
Corporate Staffing Services is a leading recruitment agency in Kenya providing complete recruitment services. In the last ten years we have been partners to local and foreign businesses looking to hire Kenyan professionals. We have recruited for diverse clients in different sectors and industries.
Our client is in the Hospitality industry and they seek to hire a Chef. He/She will be tasked with managing the kitchen team and ensuring quality food is served to all customers.
- Oversee all the food production, assist in daily food requirement orders, and maintenance of the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
- Ensure end of the month inventory is accurate
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
- Develop menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Ensure food portions are maintained and food presentation is correct
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality, stock closing and organize the issuing and receiving of kitchen supplies
- Schedule and establish a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Diploma/ Degree in Food & Beverage Production or a related field of study
- Plus 2 years experience in preparation of Continental, Oriental and African dishes.
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor, and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Demonstrate a real passion for menu planning and leadership.
- Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations.
- Need to be able to manage staff, multitask when the kitchen gets busy, have problem-solving skills, and be keen on small details.
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management.
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitor progress.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes.
- Charismatic and mature individual.
- A well-groomed and presentable individual with outstanding communication skills.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chef – Ruiru) on or before 7th January 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.corporatestaffing.co.ke.