CENTENARY SACCO JOB VACANCIES ADVERTISEMENT
Centenary Sacco Society Ltd is a Deposit Taking SACCO registered under SASRA with operations in Meru and Tharaka Nithi Counties. To support implementation of our transformative strategy, we are seeking talented, self-motivated individuals to become our:
1. Human Resource Officer (1 Position)
2. Internal Auditor (1 position)-Re-advertisement
If you are ambitious, motivated with hunger for success this is your time to join your peers at Centenary SACCO. The job descriptions for each position can be viewed below.
1. HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
The job holder will be responsible of the following personnel functions such as recruitment, office administration, interviews, hiring, firing, benefits, compliance regulation, compensation talks, organizational trainings, team building, and employee relations.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions, and managing the employment process.
- Orientating new employees and training existing employees.
- Monitoring employee performance.
- Ensuring that all employees are organized and satisfied in their work environment.
- Overseeing the health and safety of all employees.
- Implementing systematic staff development procedures.
- Providing training on policies and procedures.
- Ensuring meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- Communicating with staff about issues affecting their performance.
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital format.
- KCSE Grade C
- Have a minimum of Diploma in human resource or any other human resource related course.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources-May be advantageous
- Additional training/certification in Payroll Management – may be advantageous.
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- At least two (3) years’ experience in a similar or related position.
- Should be aged between 30 to 45 years.
2. INTERNAL AUDITOR (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
The officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls, evaluations of risks, information security, regulatory compliance, and preparation of audit reports and performance of all internal audit duties and responsibilities in the Society.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Independently asses the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes create by the business units and support functions and provide assurance on these systems and processes.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelors’ of Commerce (BCOM) or any other business related degree from a recognized university.
- 3 years working experience at a senior level in a busy credit and accounting environment and preferably within the co-operative movement.
- Computer literate.
- Must be between 30-45 years of age.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgment.
- Strong character- constantly reminding moral and ethical obligations to employees.
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Team player with good leadership skills.
- Excellentcommunication and interpersonal skills.
- Unquestionableintegrity and strong ethical standards.
If you are the one we are looking for, send us, a cover letter, your CV and copies of your academic achievements to date as one document (pdf format) clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject line to email@example.com or drop your application to our nearest branch and to reach us by June , 27th 2021. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.