KarU/ HR/ CAT/2021
JOB TITLE: Catering Officer II – GRADE 11
Basic Salary for this position is between Kshs. 87,080/= by Kshs. 3,404/= to Kshs. 124,524/=
The job is responsible to the Senior Catering Officer and exists to provide catering services within the university to ensure provision quality food and beverage to students and staff at affordable price.
1. Prepare the annual catering section procurement plans in liaison with the Senior Catering Officer through needs assessment analysis and review subsequent resource matching to ensure availability of food and beverage resources in a timely and complete manner.
2. Prepare catering section quarterly budget, in liaison with the Senior Catering Officer, to seek for financial resources and aid in controlling expenditure.
3. Prepare quarterly and annual catering section work plan, in conjunction with Senior Catering Officer to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely and complete manner.
4. Assign tasks to assistant catering officer in line with al work plan to ensure that all sectional tasks are carried out in a timely and complete manner.
5. Conduct catering staff performance appraisal through analyzing information provided by the relevant staff in the appraisal form to ensure that they are performing at the optimal performance levels
6. Ensure implementation of policies and regulations governing students in the kitchen and dining halls to ensure orderliness and efficient delivery of services.
7. Inspect the food preparation process to ensure timely production of food for students and staff.
8. Approve scheduled menus for the day to facilitate planning for food preparation.
9. Control all deliveries, quantities and quality of supplies in the catering section to meet the required standards on a daily basis.
10. Monitor the use of stock of food items in the catering section on a daily basis to avoid wastage of food.
11. Ensure proper food preparation, presentation and service in order to meet and surpass the standards to clients.
12. Train the catering staff to ensure that their skills are up-to-date and ensure quality service delivery to students and staff.
13. Coordinate the cleanliness of the kitchen and the service area enhance hygiene and prevent food poisoning.
14. Coordinate stock taking of foodstuff available in the store in order to establish stock level so as to facilitate restocking.
15. Coordinate repairs and maintenance works of the kitchen equipment and structure by liaising with estates department to ensure that catering equipment are functioning appropriately at all times
16. Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by a senior officer
Job Requirements for Appointment
1. Master’s degree in the relevant field or its approved equivalent from a recognized institution.
2. At least five (5) years relevant working experience. Applicants with Bachelor’s degree and eleven (11) years’ experience may be considered.
3. Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology.
How to apply
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Wednesday 15th December, 2021.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101