Reporting to the Supervisor – Cash Secure Solutions, the Cashier will process cash for customers in a manner that confers security, safety, integrity, profitability and achievement of budgeted objectives. The Cashier will also conduct the preparation and balancing of Wage Packets; participate in pay parades and reconciliation with the customer; ensuring all notes are processed and sorted out in a controlled manner to minimize losses and avoid CBK penalties.
- Comply to the issued Group Reconciliation, Operational Cash Controls and the ISO Standards, Procedures and Policies
- Receive and accurately process customer collections for banking while maintaining proper records.
- Reconcile all receipts, payments and prepare the cash to be transferred to the vault
- In collaboration with the Supervisor; amalgamate cash and complete a treasury in slip; log the cash to the Vault; pack and seal the container; prepare a Loading Certificate and a CIT Receipt and ensure the till is held in the BSS Vault overnight.
- Obtain the envelops/packets and label them with Stickers provided by customer, packet the money as per the payroll and participate in the pay parades as per the instructions
- Carry out Cash sorting process as per CBK requirements; bundle the currency and label them appropriately; carry out routine cleaning of note sorting machines
- Proper utilization of equipment and timely reporting of any faulty equipment within the processing area to management for quick resolution
- Maintain sound and good relationship between Custodians, Vault Officers, Supervisors, Team Leads, Cashiers and respond to queries in a professional manner observing telephone etiquette.
- Adhere to the G4S Health and Safety Policy and take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions
Knowledge and Qualifications
- KCSE Mean Grade ‘C’ plain and above, grade C-in Mathematics
- Kenya legislation
At least 3 years working experience in cash operations
Knowledge / Experience in banking sector is an added advantage.
- Financial Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- Google suite of products
Behavioral Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
Behavioural Skills – Management
• Awareness of the marketing environment
• Delivering performance
• Working with complexity
• Managing professionally
• Customer thinking
• Collaborating and Co-operating
G4S is a leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The company was recently acquired by Allied Universal creating the world’s leading security service provider with operations in 85 countries and a workforce of over 800,000 employees. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 20 African countries and more than 90000 employees on the continent.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.