Website The Independent Center
About the job
The Independence Center (The IC) is a Colorado Springs, CO nonprofit organization that provides traditional and self-directed home health care, independent living, and advocacy services for people with disabilities. The IC’s mission is to work with people with disabilities, their families, and the community to create independence so all may thrive.
The IC is simply a wonderful place to work! Our five Core Values drive our culture: Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability, and Integrity. These core values guide how we interact with each other and conduct ourselves on the job.
What We Provide
The IC offers a supportive work environment, competitive pay, and great benefits including:
- Flexible Schedule!
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer-paid Life, D&D, and Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid sick and frontloaded vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement
Summary of Job Description
The Veteran Coach ensures case coordination, monitoring, and effective delivery of supports and services to a caseload of Veterans living at home in their communities.
This is a full-time position with a 40-hour-per-week flexible schedule.
A typical day for this position will be spent visiting veterans, completing documentation, and traveling. We service veterans across Colorado in 20 different counties.
Desired Skills and Experience
Be part of a team that is considered one of the best veteran-directed programs in the country! You’ll find a collaborative team environment dedicated to providing top-notch service to veterans.
- An ideal candidate will be passionate about working with veterans of all ages.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Human Services or another related field.
- At least one year of experience in a case coordination environment.
- Desire to work with people with disabilities.
- Ability to travel within Colorado Springs and surrounding counties to meet with individuals and groups to present information and training.
- Proficient with computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Teams, and Zoom.
- Demonstrates The Independence Center’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability, and Integrity as well as its essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry, and Smart.
- Knowledge of Home & Community Based Services and Veteran preference.
- Experience working with the VA.
Pay Range: $17.00 – $18.50
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Independence Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and length, protective hairstyles, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobsbureaukenya.club.